Jack Noir - The Archagent Layer1vl
Jack Noir - The Archagent Layer2h
Jack Noir - The Archagent Layer3
Jack Noir - The Archagent Layer4l
Jack Noir - The Archagent Layer5

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jack Noir - The Archagent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack Noir
Carapace
Jack Noir
Jack Noir - The Archagent Empty
PostSubject: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 5:35 am

Head canon:

He was born into it. His family was wealthy, his neighborhood was the High District, his father was the Archagent. Any uneducated imbecile could see the singular, conscripted path for Jack Noir.

He wore his fashioned tailor-made clothes with poisonous disdain, and the people unfortunate enough to suffer his presence similarly. He complied with his parents' wishes, without either enthusiasm or complaint. He trudged through school in hazes of boredom and mordancy.

He was schooled rigorously. The training was the closest to fun a guy could have in High District. Hours of war history, tactical exploration, discipline rehearsal, but then the weapons. Expensively commissioned firearms from the archaic to the revolutionary, learning the contours of each part, the sound of each click, each payload's recoil. Hand-to-hand, swords, pikes, maces, crossbows, but his focus kept straying back to the knives. Small, light, portable, close to you, near unbreakable; an intimate weapon, something you could count on.

He picked up a few strays along with that carnal knowledge of war. Three agents who had kept coming back, for one reason or another, and who proved themselves somewhat useful. Accomplices, the ordinary man might call them. Jack even loaned the most intelligent of them something superficially similar to trust. A level-headed boy, a heart colly as coal, loyal, reliable, another thing he could count on.

He left the program top of his class, and with barely time to swipe the styrofoam from his assorted cutlery, the Alternian War began. He served as a formidable officer in the proceedings, sometimes wreaking chaos from the war room, more often dealing it from the battlefield. Many stages of late Alternian history were dyed with Noir's cold malice.

He learned that war was different from lawful subjugation, but the rules of fear and brute force and sacrifice were the same. That morality was a gray word conjured up from brumes by cowards, and that the primordial, the sensual instincts to kill were the only feelings that were real.

He struck moral terror into the disturbingly psychedelic, variegated hearts of the trolls, and taught them, in their planet's twilight, the true meaning of horror.

He received word, on the eve of what should have been untarnished victory, that his father had demised by enemy hands. Riddled with more hate than a corpse alone could receive, Jack tracked down an assailant with the obsessed tenacity of something broken. By night he dueled the troll, a boy no older than himself, until the Alternian soil soaked up liters of iridescent blue.

He became the Archagent.

He settled into peacetime reassured. He was the Queen's favorite, as the unyieldingly parsimonious vanguard of uncivil order. Jails were bursting, streets were clean, and every catch thrilled him. However, when the troll race's fate came to be decided, he expected cattle, and she gave him charges. Sick, cruel homogenization, trolls were subjects, to be protected.

He erupted. She and he had torrid rows, which turned into rugged copulation, and struggles for life and death, and whatever else there was to struggle for.

He sat disgruntled as the time ran by. Slowly, surely he lost favor with the Queen while it drained to her pet; the Prince; a child. Those insidious eyes laughed at him behind wretched shades. They whispered behind his back, and told the crown to strip his duties down from Derse's god to its accountant.

He watched as the potentates allowed mercy and benevolence to overtake justice and authority.

He looked on as his nigh inherited position was negated and nullified into oblivion.

He stood by and saw the primeval Alternians crawl over his dark country, while his Queen was entranced by a human.

He joined the Condesce.

He took up her offer, mutual abolition for mutual rule. His Dignitary and their loyals followed suit, and between moirails and villains the black kingdom fell. The King and his noblemen were made examples of, showcasing the power of this two-headed electric interregnum. The Prince was gone, and the Archagent's fury was wreathed in infernos, but his wrath's outlet, the Queen, remained, a prize of domestic conquest. And while the final prize, Prospit, grows dimmer in the Dersite sky beneath the eclipse of the Empress's army, he searches for the Prince and his rebels, listening from the lunar palace for whispers and signs.

Jack Noir stands on the violet precipice, waiting for a move.

Roleplay sample:

He strode in through the gates without bestowing the guards with the gift of acknowledgement. It disgusted him sometimes how the violet of the city shimmered, a sparkling pimple upon the breadth of the universe. It was still his planet, though: Derse. His Derse, now. Close to his heart as his own shelled breast.
The hall to the throne room was bare. Shadows of moonlight came in through the windows, shifting around him like some sort of morose funeral dance. Before he shoved on the swinging door, his brain told him to hesitate. And like many other impulses, Jack ignored it, and was rewarded with the sight of two empty thrones. No royal ghosts here. He was the one and true ruler of the kingdom. Well, the truer of two, but the lady had absconded to run errands. Doing God knows what.
A piece of the monarchial regalia, a necklace, still lay by the grand step, cracked and splintered. What an abomination. He was glad the top dogs were finally in their respective places. Still, couldn't hurt to check.
In steady deliberation, Jack climbed down to the dungeons. The floor was slippery with grime; mold reeked on the walls of cages; felt like home. His favorite prisoner was nested down on a stone seat, observing the ground. He moved just outside her cell, and she looked up to return his stare. The expression was unfathomable, black marble in stoic disposition. Those shining eyes. These people, they thought they knew cold, they thought they knew cold until they looked into her eyes.
Wasn't it something, how a man of his stature could be brought to his knees by a woman of such misguided direction? But that slender, slick husk of a body. It smelt of fried roses.
Jack stood and waited.
"What would the Queen have her Archagent do?"
Silence met the jest. He paced before the bars; his prisoner sat still.
"You know, when you started to hang out with that little tyke, I was fuckin' grateful. I thought, she could amuse the stupid kid, I thought, she would be amused. I didn't think she'd go soft, my Queen. I didn't think that."
The Black Queen was unmoved. Her eyes remained vacant as ever, but he knew they followed him. One could feel these things. Jack stopped mid ambulation.
"Remember the war? Remember when I killed for my wise Queen, my Queen and her country? Where did that go?"
He gripped the cold bar with one hand.
"Where did she go, the Queen? Not here. Not in the bottom of the palace, soaking in cadaver slopshit like an Alternian. All I see is some old hag melting away after the rain washed her down. We took this place by storm, and now, look at her Highness, draining away into the sewer."
They were opals, those eyes. A guy could lose himself in them like endless pools.
"I see someone who's forgotten fear. The power of fear. What it means to this kingdom."
He released his clasp on the bar, and it shook in kinetic catharsis.
"But don't worry, milady. I'll help you. We can relearn it together."
For a moment Jack stood erect, matching the woman's gaze, before retreating to the staircase, stopping only for a final glance backward.
" 'Cause this storm ain't passed. This is just the goddamn eye."
The Archagent turned away and marched up the stairs, while his Queen remained in the dark.

OOC: This is the longest. Most pathetically late. Most pathetically long. Character sheet. Ever done. If you don't want to read any of it, that is fine. If it encourages you to not read future posts, that is fine. If it disillusions you from roleplaying or writing altogether, that is similarly understandable.

So, I'm a dude going into college. What's up. Wrote this shlop over two weeks, so the two parts, or entire sections within the parts, probably have horribly different tones. Not sure which one I'll use yet. Struggled to find his voice, and to give enough information and description while staying rather reticent with details and certain topics, as I think the mystery of the character/his motives is the most enticing thing about him. So yeah. Sorry about all that up there.

But as I understand it, this place has been rather villian-less for a while. Get right on that.

Last edited by Jack Noir on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:07 am

That was excellent, good job.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:49 am

Late? Yes. I was beginning to give up ever seeing this sheet. Pathetic? No. You gave a personality through Jack's cold behaviour. He has torments like every living being. I still wouldn't try to make him feel pity for me if I'd ever cross him in the streets tough, I know it would be useless.

Great writing! I'm really happy a new villain has appeared! It raised the place to three so you can have fun with both friends and enemies!

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://cosplay-is-good.deviantart.com
GCat
Admin
GCat
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Character sheet accepted!
Back to top Go down
https://skaianwars.rpg-board.net
Roxy Lalonde
Human
Roxy Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:04 pm

I don't see why you call your sheet lame!! :c Like Terezi said, you gave a soul to Jack! Even if Jack is a cold-blooded killer, you can see there still is something behind his madness (for example, in the kids's beta session, he was drove crazy by the black Queen who forced him to wear the clown outfits xD)
So yeah, I like your Jack! He's great!

Also, I'm IN LOVE with your roleplay sample. This is one of my favorite relationships in Homestuck so yeah!

I can't wait to see you roleplay around, and maybe roleplay with you too! (but that wouldn't be good for me, would it?)
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Holy shit, Jack, that's amazing, it really is. You really got him. I'm glad you finished.
I'm seriously wowed by the vocabulary and flow. Do you write recreationally?
Back to top Go down
Draconian Dignitary
Carapace
Draconian Dignitary
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Welcome!
I was really impressed by the sheet, I don't know why you call it lame, or wathever... English being not my first language, it is simply beautiful and purely epic and the hopes to write like this are slim.

Also, the feeling when I've heard about your sheet being posted, the lack of "bad" guys is a little more satiated now that you are here, I can't wait to roleplay with you.
Back to top Go down
Point Ardenwell
Human
Point Ardenwell
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 11:40 pm

Gorgeous character sheet, and a round of applause for the roleplay sample. Your writing style is informative and very, very descriptive. It was worth the wait!

It's good to see Jack Noir's profile on here. You have an interesting take on his character- perfectly cold, evil, and balanced. My friends say that Jack's character has very little potential to develop due to the fact that he's supposed to be just another villain, but I disagree, especially after seeing what you've already given him. Great job!

I look forward to roleplaying with you!

-MN
Back to top Go down
Jack Noir
Carapace
Jack Noir
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:09 am

<3
Back to top Go down
Jake English
Human
Jake English
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:04 pm

Dude you are a beast.
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:11 am

I am quite literally holding my hands up to the sky, inquiring just as to WHY you would say anything remotely negative of this, my good roleplayer.

Jack Noir - The Archagent Tumblr_m3zlkoG9PX1r1uul9

This. Is. Glorious.

Your descriptive talents are so polished, so evocative. It isn't merely locales, but emotions. Really, your writing is simply superb. And I really enjoyed how you write Jack, both in mind and in speech. It's such an entertaining read.

I'm looking forward to seeing you out on the forums!
Back to top Go down
Jack Noir
Carapace
Jack Noir
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 5:45 am

<<<333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Jack Noir - The Archagent   Jack Noir - The Archagent Empty

Back to top Go down

Jack Noir - The Archagent

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Skaian Wars :: Before you start playing... :: Character sheets :: Dersites-