Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] Layer1vl
Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] Layer2h
Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] Layer3
Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] Layer4l
Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] Layer5

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:12 pm

It was late afternoon. Or maybe already evening? It felt like too much time had passed since she started walking for it to just be around 12 o'clock, but then time always was slow when you had nothing to do, or had no reason to bother keeping time. Time was all an illusion, as hard to decipher as some of the visions that the Olde Ones gave her sometimes. With the perpetual grey sky and spending time simply wandering the halls of the palace it was hard to keep track.

All Rose knew or cared about at the moment was that she was free for the afternoon. She had spent all morning with the Condesce cooing over herself. It was enough to make one's stomach turn but she kept the supple facade in place until she was sent away. Now the Seer was beginning to wonder about the time, her feet beginning to ache.

Looking up and down the violet corridor quickly to make sure it was still empty Rose lifted the layered skirt of her gown and kicked off the slippers she wore. She picked up the embroidered shoes and tucked them into a pocket in one of her skirt layers before walking again.

The chill of the stone floor soothed her aching feet, perfectly hidden under the heavy fabric. The slippers themselves were soft and flexible, but a size too small. They were also, however, identical to the pair she had ruined when she had gone out exploring Derse one night not too long ago. The tear in the dress had been simple enough to explain, but she had had to hide and then destroy her shoes because there was no way they could have gotten that scuffed and dirty if she'd been inside the palace like she was supposed to be.

Rose turned into a new corridor, this one not one she recognized. With Her putting a guard on her whenever she wanted to go somewhere else on the Moon and being black listed from the shuttles going to Derse, exploring the palace had become a hobby. She approached one of the doors after wandering down the hall a bit, looking at the various decals, and lightly grasped the handle. She slowly turned it, not expecting it to move since She kept a lot of rooms locked now, but it did.

Well it was a new corridor, time to see what was behind door number one.
Back to top Go down
http://fairythoughtless.tumblr.com
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Nirana blinked as she watched the blonde girl place her hand on the door handle. What on Derse was she doing? Nirana couldn't see the Queen allowing her subjects to wander freely around the palace like this, and this girl certainly didn't seem like she was going anywhere in a hurry. This was a strange occurrence in itself - people under the Condensce's rule tended to hurry all the time, especially in the castle. The Queen was very demanding.

Nirana's fingers tightened on the pillar she was hiding behind. She knew this girl. The long dress was very telling. This was Rose Lalonde, the Queen's Seer, and Nirana had heard of her through the servants and nobles in the palace.

Well. This was much more than she was expecting. She'd arrived at the palace today to drop off some gifts for certain connections she had within the palace, and to have a nice chat with some of her anti-rebel regulars, not to make any new acquaintances. But she couldn't pass this opportunity up. A chance to get to know the queen's own Seer, Rose Lalonde? Automatically, Nirana analyzed what she knew already knew about this girl. She seemed to be regarded with high esteem among the staff. She was close to the Condensce herself. She was a prominent member of the Circle. And she was known to be extremely talented and clever. Definitely someone who would know something.

Rose was getting away. Nirana considered following her, hidden, but she was sure she'd get found out, and stalking people was a very difficult thing to justify. So, Nirana simply stepped out from behind her pillar.

"What are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Rose was about to push the door open and enter the room when there was a few light steps and a voice behind her. She didn't glance back, only pushing the door open enough to look inside without entering the room. It was a rather plain room, rather like a large closet. But rather than cleaning supplies or anything of the like being kept within, it's walls were lined with stacks of books. She glanced at the piles before making a mental note to return to this room.

Reaching out she grabbed the door handle and turned, finally facing the person that spoke. Rather than sneaking or being surprised, it was better to act like you had a perfect right to be doing what you were doing.

She looked at the girl in front of her, not recognizing her at all. Had the Condesce sent someone to watch her? It was unlikely, especially since this girl was a troll. So then what was she doing here? Was she snooping for something? Better to take no chances.

"I could ask you the same. I have a perfect right to be here. But you? I do not know. Hiding and sneaking around? Such acts would suggest that you are somewhere you shouldn't be." Rose said, raising a brow questioningly. "And please, save your breath and don't lie. I know you were hiding at the very least."
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Nirana giggled under her breath. So what everyone said was true. She liked these kinds of people - they were what made her job so interesting. Most of the servants and nobles in the Condensce's court were a bore in this way. Everyone was so interested in secrets they had no claim to that they got careless with their own. Nirana wondered if Rose was such a person. She seemed to alert to fall into that category, however.

Whose side was she on, anyway? It seemed like a stupid question - she was the Condensce's own Seer - but through her years of ferreting information out of people, one of the most important lessons Nirana had ever learned was never to assume anything of anyone. All of her major mistakes had been due to accidentally assuming someone belonged to a side or was privy to a certain piece of information. She had to tread carefully.

Nirana wondered how to ask where Rose's sympathies lay without tipping her off. As far as she knew, Rose never left the palace, so she couldn't make a subtle reference to a significant person or place. If she wasn't sympathetic towards the rebel movement (and Nirana recognized that there was only a very slim chance that she even knew of the rebels), it was safe to assume she was working for the Condensce.

All right, then.

Nirana laughed lightly. "I guess not," she said, smiling. "I was just visiting one of my closer friends, and I suppose I couldn't resist the urge to explore this place. It's a huge palace, isn't it? Seems like it would be full of things to hide, I'd guess." As she spoke, she inconspicuously pulled out her Derse informant pin and fiddled with it casually, as if it was a habit of hers. It would mean nothing to someone in with the Condensce. It was just a silver moon pin, after all, and nothing suspicious-looking. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself," she said suddenly, starting. "My name is Neera Vee. And what might yours be?"
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyMon May 28, 2012 12:45 am

Rose smiled. It was one of those cold smiles that don't meet the eyes. The kind of smile she had seen every day growing up. A polite smile that meant and revealed nothing. If she was visiting a friend, she likely was a highblood herself. Most others wouldn't take the chance. But she may know more than she did about what was happening outside. Was it worth the risk? Dirk would probably box her ears if she was around when he found out she'd snuck out and Dave... she shook her head slightly at the thought.

"Yes, it is very large. If one doesn't know their way its quite easy to become lost. I haven't met anyone that's gotten into such a position... Though I suppose no one ever does until its too late. Wouldn't you say?" This was getting no where, but she didn't dare try rushing the conversation. A fool's move.

Movement drew her eye and Rose looked at the troll's hands while she continued to speak. There was a silver pin in her hands, but the blonde didn't know if it meant anything or not. After all, the amount of people she could really trust she could count on one hand. The glimpse of silver told her nothing, but her actions did. She was fiddling. Fiddling was something people did when they were nervous or anxious.

Or lying.

What could she be nervous about? Or lying? With what she already said there was too much grey space to guess what it was. Was she not actually visiting someone? Or was she doing more than just exploring? Surely no one would lie about their name.

"Oh dear, I've forgotten myself as well. Beg pardon, miss Vee. I am Rose Lalonde." There was no hint or twitch to show if the Seer was surprised not to be recognized on sight or not as she gave a polite curtsy to the troll girl and straightened after. Not deep enough to mean anything past a formality.
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:52 am

Nirana watched the other girl pensively, running her tongue along her sharps row of teeth without realizing it. Rose didn't react whatsoever to her pin. Likely she supported the Condensce and had no idea what Nirana was doing. Or maybe she was just a very good actor. Nirana kept fiddling, though. It would seem strange to put it back in her pocket now. Maybe Rose didn't even know about the symbol. After all, where would she have seen it?

Nirana also took a moment to analyze Rose's comment. Until it's too late. A threat? But it was much too early for a threat, they'd just met. It might be too much to assume that Rose's words were loaded. But if it was a threat... Nirana could think of several reasons why Rose might want to threaten her a little. She let it slip by, answering Rose's comment with a small laugh of agreement.

She let her eyes widen at Rose's introduction. Nirana had practiced acting surprised many times over, and although she was rarely sincerely surprised, she could feign shock almost flawlessly. Her hand flew to her mouth. "Oh my. The Rose Lalonde? What a pleasure. I take it you've heard about the rebel riots, then? I think there was one only two days ago, in fact... I do wonder how Her Imperial Condescension plans to take care of that - um, problem. I paid the visit to my friend today to make sure he was doing alright. This rebellion can be quite dangerous." She continued fingering her brooch, watching Rose expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:35 pm

So the girl really hadn't known who she was. That was new, and proved to Rose that this girl had to be from the outside. Everyone within the palace walls recognized her in seconds, even a lot from outside knew who she was since the tours. But then with puberty maybe she'd changed more in this one year than she'd thought. Still though, most turned and hurried the other way to avoid having to speak with Her prized pet. If they didn't, they wanted something for themselves. A fortune told, or maybe her blood. Rose hoped this girl was not one of those, especially the latter.

Rose's smile shifted to a sad one, still without reaching the eyes. "No, I'm afraid not. I do not spend much time out, far less than I'd like. My Queen has too much need for me here." Calling the Condesce the queen made her want to wretch but it was her safest bet. It was clear just which side the girl was on from her words. Problem. Visiting a high blood. Her voice didn't quiver, her expression didn't twitch.

But she kept fidgeting! Was she lying or telling the truth? How trustworthy was she anyway, if she kept lying like this.

She smoothed the soft fabric of her dress even though it actually had no wrinkles on it, leaving a moment of pensive silence before continuing, "Of course my.. special talents help me see things. The Far Ones sometimes tell me things, but far less than enough on the current situation off of the Moon." Rose had begun walking down the hall slowly, so that the troll could walk with her if she chose to. Now she stopped and glanced over her shoulder without fully turning around. "Perhaps.." She spoke carefully, picking words that would tie her to either side in case 'Nerra' proved to be more than a gossip or a test sent by Her. "Perhaps you know some things I do not?"
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Nirana couldn't help but drop her nervous, little girl act a little bit - her smile widened a little and she slipped her brooch back into her pocket. Without a moment's hesitation, she fell into step beside Rose, effortlessly matching the taller girl's long strides with her own somewhat shorter ones. She cocked her head at Rose's mention of the Far Ones, sending her earrings tinkling.

"The Far Ones? I've never met a Seer before... what kinds of things do they tell you? I'm curious. What an honour it must be to be someone chosen by the gods."

At Rose's questioning pause, Nirana simply blinked slowly. "Maybe," she said, her voice dropping to almost a whisper. "Maybe, maybe, maybe. In fact, I'd say most likely, meaning no offense, of course. Perhaps you may also be able to inform me of some goings on in the palace as well. There's only so much friends like the one I just visited can do."

She leaned in a little closer, still keeping up with Rose's steps. "However, I hardly think this is the place for such an exchange... the walls have ears, you know."
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Rose began walking again, keeping her pace slow enough that the much shorter girl wouldn't have trouble keeping up with her. The girl looked very young, but to be sneaking about and talking carefully as she was the blonde doubted that was really the case. Or maybe the girl was like her, in the sense she had started her 'education' at a very young age.

Rose nodded and looked ahead of her again, "It is indeed a great privilege. It allowed me to receive a deep focused education, and show me which side was really worth taking with this silly little rebellion." She waved her hand dismissively, "Many things. Things long passed, events that happen in times present, or possibilities of the future."

"Oh" Rose suddenly said after 'Neera' whispered to her, her voice no louder or quieter than it had been before but now tinged with disappointment and regret. She spoke over what the dark haired girl said, but could guess very well what it was. I shouldn't have asked. Of course Her Imperial Condescension would let me know of anything important. Forgive me for stepping out of my place so foolishly." She didn't bother looking around to check if anyone was around to hear her, she had been straining her ears since she had suspected someone watching her who turned out to be the girl she spoke to now, and there were not other sounds other than the two in the hall.

With a lie in place Rose dropped her voice to a barely audible mumble, bending slightly to be closer to her. "Do you have a particular place in mind that's safe then? Mind what I told you, I cannot leave the palace."
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyTue May 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Nirana raised an eyebrow almost imperceptibly. Once again, she was impressed by Rose's experience in these dealings. Maybe she'd judged incorrectly when she'd marked Rose as an ordinary servant of the Condensce.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she replied with a little laugh. "No no, I completely understand. Sometimes I too get ahead of myself in pursuit of knowledge." She laughed again, although more to herself this time. Turning, she slipped her hand into her pocket and withdrew her notebook, nonchalantly ripping out a page with her teeth. Quickly, she also took out a piece of charcoal and scrawled something on the piece of paper, then took Rose's hand and pressed it into her open palm, carefully closing Rose's fingers over it. "Still, that's no reason for us not to get to know each other sometime. Here's my contact information. I'll see you around, maybe!" She flashed a sharp-toothed smile and sprinted down the hall, leaving Rose behind.

Her flight was attracting many strange looks, but Nirana didn't stop for breath until she was clear of the palace. Panting, she straightened and dusted off her dress, proceeding to walk smartly back down the street in the direction of a friend's house. She'd hide out there until she could meet Rose again.

An meeting, in fact, which would occur very soon if Rose agreed to her terms. For on the paper, she hadn't written her address at all. In the scrawl of rushed, once-neat handwriting, there was a smudged message.

<<Library; 11pm. Don't let anyone gollow you.

Burn this.
Neera Vee>>

(OOC; Sorry about the gollow. I had to, I did.)
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:51 am

"Yes, maybe. It was pleasant meeting you" Rose said, not looking down at her hand as her fingers were closed around the paper. She waved as the other girl ran off, content to walking calmly. She turned and headed down a different corridor, doubling back to the room filled with books to check it while she still had time and it was unlocked.

It wasn't till she reached the room that she pulled out the scrap of paper she's tucked into her cuff and unfolded it. She quickly read the words before rubbing her thumb over the words, smearing the charcoal words till it was just a grey blotch on the paper. She tucked it back into place, since she had no way to destroy it then and she wasn't losing her chance with these books. Many of them held precious information, and it was a wonder they hadn't been burned or otherwise destroyed already.

---

It was getting late, it was already past her curfew and Rose was again locked in her room. She'd made sure to destroy the paper and now was pacing back and forth in her pajamas, waiting for it to be late enough to sneak out. Finally it seemed late enough, that she wouldn't have to wait in the library too long in case a guard suddenly got the urge to read.

Yeah right.

She checked the small clock, it's tick... tick... tick... dauntless and unwavering. Grabbing a robe she left the room by her secret passage and slipped into the dark maze of tunnels.

Eyes shut the Seer recited a spell and a small orb fizzled to life just at head level, sending shadows along the smooth walls. Not even pausing to check her direction Rose began walking, knowing from years of practice where she was going. The trip was as usual uneventful except for one occasion. Rose heard echoing footsteps heading in the same direction she was and without thinking closed her fist around the light. It burned but went out and Rose shook out her hand, swallowing back a curse.

But the footsteps turned before they reached her, going to a different part of the castle. Any other day she might follow the footsteps, but not tonight. She reminded herself, turning and walking to the library again. It wasn't far now, she would find her way in the dark. It didn't scare her, she knew what lurked in the shadows after all.

Finally she reached a tunnel where the ceiling sloped down to the point she had to bend in half to inch along in the inky darkness. Her hand was stretched in front of her to keep her from running into anything. The tips of her fingers brushed against something which Rose then pushed against, but the wall didn't move.

Now in the dark it was easy for a person to think they hit a dead end, but Rose knew better. The surface of this wall was smooth as the walls of the passage, but it didn't hold cold like the stone did, which had already turned her feet to ice (this time she had just left the slippers in her room altogether). It was barely noticeable but she knew. Instead of trying to force the passage open Rose felt along the edges until she found what she was looking for and gave a light pull. There was a barely audible click and Rose pushed against the blockade again, which now moved forward easily, but even now at half the remaining height of the tunnel.

On her stomach Rose crawled through the passage and looked around. It was without a doubt the library, but the place was large and dark. Why hadn't Neera been more specific about where to meet? They could search for each other all night and still have a astronomically low probability of meeting.

Suppressing a sigh she pushed her passage shut, stopping when she heard that same click. She wouldn't be able to enter this way, it was an exit only. Rose rose and started walking, heading for the door of the library. She walked like she had learned to back in the Circle, part of the shadows and silent as the dead.

A soft sound interrupted the silence and Rose froze midstep, listening to find where it had come from. She couldn't place what it was, but she knew now she was not alone.
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:38 am

At around 10:40pm, Nirana thanked her friend for taking her in at such short notice, waved away her suggestions of spending the night, and prepared to leave. She tossed the hood of her cloak over her head, and, without looking back, stepped out from the brightly lit warmth of the house into the cool, pitch-dark street.

Nirana let herself enjoy the fresh night air. She could hardly see five paces ahead of her, which would have generally made her very nervous about walking alone down Derse streets in the middle of the night. However, tonight she only felt refreshed, recharged, and energized. She loved new leads. Really, they were what she lived for. She took long, sweeping steps, and in no time was at the base of the Palace.

Nirana quickly found a carapace she knew and was able to get in quite easily, albeit the fact that some smooth talking and bribery was involved. Without meeting a single servant, Nirana was in. She navigated the hallways and corridors with ease - she knew the palace well enough to locate the library, and she had grown accustomed to darkness, as she usually relied on darkness to provide cover.

After taking a somewhat roundabout route, Nirana finally found herself in the library. But, where to find Rose? Nirana had underestimated the sheer size of the library. Still, she doubted anyone would be awake at this hour to hear if any noises were coming from the library, of all places.

She figured she would walk around until she ran into the blonde Seer. With this mindset, she started off down a row of books, keeping quiet as she could - but she hadn't walked ten paces before she heard someone moving around nearby.

"Who's there?" she demanded in a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyThu May 31, 2012 4:52 pm

Rose didn't answer the voice, staying still a moment longer before heading toward the sound. There wasn't a creak from the floor or a swish of fabric to announce her. She was about to round the corner to the row the voice came from when she suddenly stopped. It could very well be a trap.

She stepped back and turned into a different aisle. Rose shut her eyes and held her breath to keep from making extra noise. In her head she called a rushed spell, one to find anyone nearby. Two. That meant her and one other person. She asked the spell if it was Neera, it certainly sounded like her, but the search didn't recognize that name.

Frowning she made a throwing gesture in the person's direction and said the light enchantment in a voice that wasn't her's. It sparked to life just above the person's head, casting a weak glow that didn't extend past arm's reach.

Safely in the shadows the Seer frowned. It sounded like her. It looked like her. But...

"Who are you?" She asked still using the deeper voice without bothering to whisper, throwing it to be on the other side of where she stood.
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:48 pm

What was this? Hypotheses raced each other through Nirana's brain, and she frowned, eyebrows knitting together under the hood of her cloak. Was this one of Rose's accomplices, sent to meet her? Not likely. This figure was using magic. Then, had Rose sold her to the palace guard? The palace guard wouldn't wear such long dresses. Nirana could see the hem of a robe, barely visible in the dark. Maybe Rose had not deigned to come at all, and this was something completely irrelevant.

Wait a second. Rose was the Queen's own Seer. Obviously, the Seer would be able to work magic. Nirana mentally shook herself. Where was that voice coming from, then? It didn't seem like Rose's at all, and it was coming from the direction opposite to where she thought someone was standing. A trick? An ambush?

Well, there was no use hiding, now that light was glowing above her like a beacon for all to see. Honestly, it was getting a bit too bright, and she narrowed her eyes as she threw off her hood, exposing her face. If that was someone else hiding over there, Nirana knew she couldn't get in too much trouble, anyway. People knew who she was around the palace.

She deepened her frown and shifted from foot to foot in a nervous way, clutching her dropped hood in her fingers. She made sure to look around very obviously and anxiously.

"It's Neera," she said, gazing into the dark library all around her.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:46 pm

It was taking too long for the person to reply and Rose began working through her options. There weren't very many. Well, not many that wouldn't completely give her away but even that was left with quite a few choices. When the person raised their hands she stepped back further from the light.

Rather than being surprised or gasping Rose raised an eyebrow when she saw it was indeed the person she was meant to meet. It didn't explain why the spell hadn't recognized her. It wasn't likely that she had cast it wrong.
She sighed, pulling the attention back from where she had thrown her voice to where she was standing. A whisper and a hand gesture later the light from the ball had softened and floated closer to her.

"I apologize for being late, and for having to use such tricks." She said as the light from the orb fell across her head and shoulders. "If you had told me your real name in the beginning, such matters could be avoided. They are rather a waste of time."

She ran a hand through her hair, face blank as she ignored the pain it caused her. Somehow the blonde had forgotten about the burn on her hand from grabbing the light earlier, which had receded to a numbness. "However now that we both are here, I don't even know what to begin asking."
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:41 am

"My name?" Nirana feigned confusion, her eyes widening as she cocked her head to one side. Then her face brightened. "Oh! I see. I told you my name was Neera, didn't I? That's what people call me... it's my nickname. I haven't used my actual name in so long - I don't like it much - and I didn't realize that was what you were asking for. I'd still prefer that you called me Neera. Sorry about that." It was true, partially. Hardly anyone ever used her real name. It was a bit of a shame. She wondered if she would even react if anyone called her in the streets.

For a split second, Nirana stared straight ahead, lost in thought. It should be sad, shouldn't it? That she hardly knew her own name anymore. She'd built up so many personalities over the years. Sometimes it was difficult to remember how she'd presented herself to a particular person, and that resulted in occasional slip-ups in the personalities she was projecting. Should a person have to do that? Suddenly, Nirana didn't feel like herself at all.

She gave herself a mental shake. Maybe she could think about trivial and obscure questions like who she was later, in the comfort of her own home, but she certainly couldn't afford to now. She had a conversation with Rose waiting.

The thoughts had flitted through her mind in less than the space of a second, but Nirana suspected that it had shown on her face. She quickly covered up for her mess-up. "Aaah. My apologies, I was thinking back for a second there. There are some unpleasant memories attached to my full name." She gave Rose a sheepish smile.

And then she was all business. "What to ask? I think you can ask me just about anything. I really would like to know more about life in the palace, though." She frowned suddenly. "Actually, I really want to know exactly what kind of person I'm dealing with here. Who are you, Rose?"
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Rose didn't buy the confused look on the other girl's face for a moment, but kept her expression static to keep from showing her doubt. It was a poor thing when people thought they could lie to her but she decided not to press the matter. The look she had seen briefly on the other girl's face told her everything she needed to know for that moment. She couldn't afford to waste time on arguing, and even more so she couldn't risk sending off the one person she could get information from.

But she didn't interrupt, letting the girl have her moment while she reached out mentally and changed what the spell tagged her as, so even if it didn't know her real name it would recognize her. When she opened her eyes again there was a faint green glow around the girl only a magic user could see. It glowed while the spell was in effect then started dimming, and would vanish completely after awhile.

She shook her head slowly, "No, I apologize. I brought up the topic again. I shall not pry." Not by asking questions to her at least. As a Seer, she had other ways to find things.

"Me?" Rose asked as if startled by the question, eyebrows jumping up. She blinked slowly and watched Neera, her expression a stone wall. Now it was decision time. Should she trust this complete stranger and get straight to the information she needed, or work through circles to possibly end up with nothing. She nodded making her choice.

Out from a pocket hidden in her sleeping gown she pulled out a short, sharp dagger. Before there was the chance for a question from the troll girl Rose pressed it against her fore and middle finger. She bit her lip, focused on only putting enough force to cut the skin so it bleed without a deep injury. If anything was said to her in that moment she didn't pay it any attention.

The edge slowly coated itself with a thin layer of red and when she judged it to be enough the blond lifted the blade and pointed the tip of it to the ground. As the few drops slowly fell from it she chanted slowly. The spell was one she used so often she didn't need to worry about remembering the words correctly or not. It didn't normally require blood to work, but she wanted it to cover the entire library without gaps, and it was better to be safe than sorry. Blood was always good to amplify spells.

When she finished Rose looked back at Neera, searching her pockets to find a handkerchief. "I cast a silence spell around the library." She said nonchalantly by way of explanation as if she hadn't just injured herself and spoken in the Other language.

"I will tell you who I am. I am one that is not placid with following the flock. One that wants real information rather than what is spoon fed to the masses. One that wants to know the truth, and knows what details are better kept private. Is that good enough?" To keep the pooling blood on her fingers from dripping to the floor she stuck the two in her mouth after she finished speaking.

Finding that handkerchief was harder than she thought. Had she even remembered to take it?
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 pm

Nirana flinched slightly as Rose withdrew her dagger. Instinctively, her fingers twitched for her own, fear gripping her chest. But then Rose brought the edge to her own hand, and blood flowed. Nirana's eyes narrowed as she listened to Rose chant, wondering what she was doing. After hearing Rose's explanation, she relaxed. She hadn't known a spell like that was within Rose's capability, but it put a lot of her concerns to rest. "Thank you very much."

She smiled at Rose's next words. "Perfect. Someone I can relate to. Let's just make this easier. I promise that anything I say is true while we are in the library. I also swear not to disclose to anyone the questions you will ask me. I hope you will do the same. If that is settled, please ask me whatever you want to know. Oh, and here." She pulled a white handkerchief from her pocket and handed it to Rose. The library was still not the safest place to meet, and straight-talk would save time.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 am

Rose took the handkerchief and first cleaned the blade and stowed it before folding it and pressing the crisp now stained white fabric to her fingers. Blood seeped into the fabric but she paid it no mind. She would have to cast a healing spell onto this hand anyway, the burn that came from putting the spell flame out with her hand rather than the proper incantation now beginning to throb.

"Thank you, I shall find a proper replacement for when we meet again." She said while tying the fabric around her hand so she wouldn't have to hold it constantly. "I too promise secrecy and truth for us." The idea of suggesting some binder charm or pact entered her mind but the girl ignored it. For then it wouldn't be necessary. Instead she thought of the visions she had had of the future, of guards storming buildings and dungeons filling.

"Firstly I would like to know how the people are fairing. How different it is from the past. Please, let's skip the candying of words shall we? And if She has started raids yet."
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 8:41 pm

Nirana acknowledged Rose’s oath with a small nod of thanks. Her expression twisted a little at Rose’s question, but she attempted to give an answer nevertheless. Even though she’d been somewhat detached from society to begin with, recent events had taken their toll on her lifestyle as well. Of course, she wasn’t complaining. All the more customers for her, she supposed.

Well. It certainly is… different.” She gave a bitter sort of laugh. “All right, I’ll tell it exactly like it is. For one thing, the atmosphere has completely changed. The streets are dangerous, and after nightfall, potentially deadly. Agents hold the high district and the moon, and high-blooded trolls rule the streets. People can’t trust their friends, their family. There have been a few riots, I think, but no raids have been made yet by the Condensce. No one really knows what she’s plotting or when she’ll take action. I’ve even heard rumors of dissent among some… but I’m really not supposed to know! And neither are you.” Hurriedly, she clapped a hand to her mouth, as if she’d said something she didn’t intend. Rose said she wanted to hear everything, and Nirana hadn’t finished finding out who she was just quite yet.

No one really knows what’s going on.” Nirana repeated, leaning in a little and looking Rose in the face. “But I’m sure you know more than most.
Back to top Go down
Rose Lalonde
Human
Rose Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:39 am

Rose began gnawing on her lower lip as she listened to Neera's description but quickly stopped and resumed a composed, almost bored face. She'd cleaned off all her makeup so she wouldn't have to worry about it if she returned to her rooms late, however she had been trying to quit the habit for years as her visions got continually darker.

She shook her head, tugging absently at her cloak and leaning back from the girl ever so slightly, "I do know things, but none of them connect. I see scenes, but I'm never allowed to view the entire play." She said. The blond now hoped that her possible informant didn't decide that she was useless for any type of information. She continued quickly before the troll could make up her mind. "I doubt she will be satisfied just waiting for some sign of the rebellion to appear clearly. Raids will be coming, many innocents will become prisoners."

Was she really going to have to come out flat and say it? She hated this, she preferred to appear not to be on either side no matter what was said about her public position. "Speaking of, is there anything you know of the resistance specifically? I don't mean whereabouts but... " She already knew that Dirk was safe, what else could she ask? She left the question hanging in the air, hoping the other girl would fill in for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]   Just Taking a Walk [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Taking a Walk [OPEN]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1