Delicious Dangers [continued] Layer1vl
Delicious Dangers [continued] Layer2h
Delicious Dangers [continued] Layer3
Delicious Dangers [continued] Layer4l
Delicious Dangers [continued] Layer5

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Delicious Dangers [continued]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
Delicious Dangers [continued] Empty
PostSubject: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:18 am

There are many occasions in which Jade finds herself immensely grateful for all of the friends she possesses. Now was one such an occasion.

Jane had been soothing calm, easing Jade’s panicked pleas for assistance. How was she to know if Terezi would be all right, in the end? She could not tell the extent of the troll’s injuries. Jade was the Witch of the Green Sun, but no doctor. Her abilities in medicine were, at best, mediocre. Potions only went so far in contrast to what someone like Jane could accomplish. Fortunately, Jane’s potential was the stuff of legend. She’d done as much as she could do before heading back to the temple to return to her duties.

And now, Jade found herself waiting within the oppressive confines of a hospital room that smelled far, far too strongly of sterilization and cleanliness. There was no mess, no color but pure white save for the bright daffodils in a nearby, complimentary vase, no eccentricity. It was like being out of Prospit and in some sort of purgatory.

Fretful eyes turn to the unconscious form on the hospital bed, looking limp and frail. Kneading her hands together, fingers twining and untwining, Jade begins a garbled sounding sort of one-sided conversation,

“I…I know not why you ran, Terezi, but I hope it was not from me. Or perhaps it was and I was too oblivious too see that? Either way, the state I find you in…it sends me into a panic. You are my fellow, even if we do not know one another well. Even if there is a negative tension of some sort between us…you are still my comrade. I only hope for you to return to health, Terezi. If that is to happen--and please, please, please let it be so—I wish for us to be, at the very least, allies.”

Jade glances over to the figure on the bed. She senses nothing yet. After a moment of internal debate, Jade scoots her chair across linoleum flooring and to the troll’s bedside.

Last edited by Jade Harley on Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Darkness. Sweet, warm, soothing darkness. It became familiar to Terezi with years but it was only when she was unconsciousness that she liked it. She could feel her body limp but nothing hurt. The sounds were muted as well. The troll felt as if she was floating in space. Maybe she was dead, she wasn't sure of anything. Oddly enough, she didn't mind it; she felt no regret about never seeing her friends again. She couldn't remember if she felt the same during her first big accident but she didn't care.

Slowly the warmth left her to freeze in the void. Terezi began to panic; pain snaking in her veins like fire as her bones were crushed. She screamed as she suddenly started free-falling toward she believed was hell.

Her soul fell into her body like a rock. Her dark grey, the black lipstick having faded, lips curled up in little whimpers. Shaking her head from side to side, Terezi suddenly opened her eyes wide and screamed in pain. Jade could see despite being blind, the troll's eyes remained expressful with their red shaded pupils and irises still visible from the rest. The Scale sat up only to find more pain. Her left arm and hip had broke as well as a few ribs but she wasn't aware of that.

Carapaces hurried along Jane to calm the confused thing down to little next to no avail. Terezi was panicked, snapping her dangerous mouth between the screams. She was dizzy and unaware of where she was, still on the adrenalin of the race.
Back to top Go down
http://cosplay-is-good.deviantart.com
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Sleep had been overcoming Jade’s subconscious when Terezi so suddenly awoke. The Witch had been at the Infirmary for several hours, by that point, slumped over in a stiff chair with her elbows on her knees and her chin tucked into her chest. It had been just as she was nodding off when she heard the screams of agony rip through the silent air of the facility.

Yelping in surprise, Jade jolts up. Her fingers claw at the sides of the chair she sits upon in a death grip. Eyes wide with confusion and mouth hanging agape, she whips her gaze to the thrashing troll. Carapaces descend on the scene in a flash of white limbs and yellow outfits, all shouting foreign sounding codes and commands to one another. Alas, it all seemed to breed little result. Terezi was still fighting them, teeth gnashing and limbs flailing. Jade may have not been any sort of medical professional, but she knew the troll had to be aggravating her injuries further. Glancing to and fro for something, anything, she meets Jane’s concerned near-turquoise hues. The maiden could never get through with so many different people in the way and with Terezi so uncooperative. Jade, then, rises to her feet and pushes her way through the writhing crowd of carapaces, shoulder digging a path through the barricade of bodies. They call warnings, telling her to stop, but the female pays them no mind.

Instead, her hands lash out, grabbing onto the troll by the shoulders and shoving her down onto the mattress. Terezi yelps in both her terror and her pain--limbs flailing and nails scratching--trying desperately to get this foreign source of harm away from her. Jade bites at her lower lip, hard, thinking desperately on what she should do. Concern and pity tug at the organ within her chest, an almost painful lurch that has her face contorting with drawn eyebrows and deep-set lines upon the plane of her forehead. Finally, squaring her shoulders and gritting her teeth, Jade pushes down onto the troll further with what strength her untrained limbs can muster.

“Terezi! TEREZI! Get a grip upon your senses! Whatever terrors have a hold over you—banish them! You need your rest so you may convalesce! If you do not, how do you ever expect to accomplish what you desire more than anything: Justice!? I swear I will help you conquer whatever plagues you if only you will let me! We are comrades, Terezi!”

Jade made so many promises. She knew she did. She knew she would one day overextend herself and her abilities. Fortunately, that day had not arrived yet, and Jade intended to assure it would stay that way for a very, very long time. Right now, she would devote herself to this—this was a cause worth fighting for. Not just the rebellion, but the health and safety of a comrade.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:54 am

Terezi could hear Jade calling her name but she just couldn't stop herself. All her senses were over sensitive, sending wrong messages to her brain. She dug her sharp, claw-like nails in the Witch's arms. Warm red blood stained the grey skin and white sheets around them.

And slowly, the horrid visions faded away; the neurology signals distorting it into an image of a somewhat better reality. Her tightly clenched jaw relaxed, giving the impression her teeth were reducing in size as the upper and lower row were naturally separated. Her nails slipped from Jade's skin as her limbs fell limp. The only rapid movement Terezi's body made was the up and down from her rib cage as she panted, her heart still racing the marathon.

- Where am I...? What happened..? Where are my friends...? Where's my tutor...?

Little did she know she had asked the same questions when she woken up from her chilhood incident, the first time she had faced darkness.
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:26 am

Claws like daggers cut through the billowing sleeves of Jade’s dress as if they were made of tissue paper. The taut tendons in Terezi’s fingers send the sharpened tips digging through human flesh. Carmine life-liquid seeps through the gashes, dripping down the expanse of the Witch’s arms in thick, intertwining rivulets. In turn, blunt fingernails clench into the troll’s covered shoulders, knuckles fading white and veins standing in stark contrast as they are pulled firmly under the planes of Jade’s skin. Shoulders set square and jaw clenched, flashing eyes dart to and fro across Terezi’s visage in search of any sort of change.

At last, Jade’s efforts seem to be rewarded. Terezi’s body gives one final heave of effort, torso rising off of the mattress and mouth wide in some sort of silent scream. And then, she goes lax. Sweat coats a glistening sheen across the exposed planes of grey skin. Teeth do not bare themselves any longer, instead hiding behind dark charcoal lips. When Terezi’s body gives the command to release the Witch’s arms, Jade heaves a hard exhale of breath she had known herself to have been holding. However, the human’s form goes stiff when, in a coarse mutter, Terezi makes her delusional inquires.

Gaze flickering to and fro, as if attempting to find those Terezi called for, Jade hesitates before offering a response,

“I…you went to the bakery. And then you began running when I made to converse with you. Somehow, you wound up in the garbage pit, severely injured, so I took you here.”

Jade swallows the lump in her throat, one hand reaching up to Terezi’s brow. Dark hair lays matted across the troll’s perspiring forehead. The Witch’s fingertips linger over the damp hair before retreating, too tentative to brush it away.

“I know not where your friends or your tutor are. I am sorry.”

The young woman knew nothing of any tutor. As for Terezi’s friends...Jade was hoping that Jane somehow contacted them. Surely, they would be worried for the troll’s safety.

“Fear not, I am sure your friends will be here for you soon enough.”

Maybe they would know what to do in order to help Terezi. Jade’s stomach knotting, she desperately wishes she knew what was beneficial to the Scale as they most likely did.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:19 am

Terezi’s breathing eventually regulated itself and finally the carapaces were able to approach her to tend to her aggravated troll. Jade was a brave being to jump in like that and force her to calm down and even going as far as pressing her forehead against her to reassure the distressed troll. The brief explanation knotted Terezi’s stomach. She had nearly killed herself just because she didn’t want to talk the human. She needed to keep her recklessness checked; she wouldn’t be so lucky next time. Heck, she probably wouldn’t be even here anymore if Jade hadn’t persisted on following her. Guess she owed the Witch now.
When Jade muttered she didn’t know where her caretaker and friends were, Terezi shouldn’t have been surprised but in her fragile state of mind, it brought her to tears.

- Why haven’t you warned anyone?! So if I died, you could have just discarded my body or kept it for your crazy potions?!

Terezi pushed the helpful girl away and covered her face with her hands. She could feel warm teal colored tears damp her hands. She tried to hold them back, not let a single one seep through her fingers. She was feeling lonely again. In her mind, she was facing nothing but pure black and she was all alone, not a single sound or light to be seen.

- Leave.

The single word escaped her lips before she could even register it. Terezi never cried in front of anyone since she came back from the hospital after her accident. Crying in front of strangers felt even more wrong then in front of her friends who only had a clue of what she had to endure every day.

- Leave.

She began to shake as she repeat. It wasn’t so bad no one thought of contacting her family, if something bad were to happen, no one would witness it.
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 pm

The relief of seeing that Terezi was finally calming down seeped through Jade’s skin like the hot sun on a summer day. Heaving an almighty sigh, Jade rakes shaking fingers through her bedraggled locks before stepping back to lean her back against the nearest wall. At least it seemed like things might be calming down.

“Pardon?”

The accusations hit Jade like a slap to the face. Indignant fury bubbles under the surface of her composure, and it is a blatant show upon her visage in knitted brows and a slightly agape mouth. Rapidly, though, the Witch collects herself before folding tight arms under her bosom. She had to remember, the Scale was still in something of a state, all things considering. Approaching the troll’s words with spitting anger and venomous tongues would get her nowhere. Jaw set tight, Jade grits out,

“After all I’ve done, you honestly find yourself nursing the thought that I would dare make a potion of you?”

Jade had taken Terezi’s mutilated, injured body to the infirmary, for goodness sakes! Still, the Scale was alone and scared. Well, not so much alone, but the troll certainly thought herself that.

Abruptly, the command cuts through the air with the swiftness of a knight’s blade. Startling despite herself, Jade whips her gaze—incredulous—over to the female on the hospital bed. She can see her shoulders shaking with the effort of holding back her tears, but the trying is doing her little good. The warm, salty tears of teal are slipping through her grey fingers and onto the bed sheets that pool at her hips. Jade finds herself nursing a dilemma. On one hand, she could do just as the troll had asked of her; abandon her and let her recover that pride trolls seemed to hold in such high esteem. Or, the Witch could stay and attempt to comfort her, possibly for naught but wounding the Scale’s self-esteem.

“If you insist. But I won’t be venturing far, perhaps the cafeteria for a drink. In the meanwhile, I shall go speak with the front desk and see if they have yet managed to contact any of your loved ones.”

Jade can feel her lower lip shaking, and she nips down at it in reprimand for its show of weakness. Wounded feelings were not for those bound to protect the realm of Prospit. Not everyone was bound to like Jade, no matter how hard she may try to win his or her favor.

“In the meanwhile, I shall leave these in your hands. You spilled yours in your flight, but if I recall correctly, I believe these were what your ordered.”

Easily, Jade summons forth a box of pastries she had shrunken and stored away for safekeeping. Gingerly, she sets the cream colored box onto the nightstand at Terezi’s bedside before turning towards the door. One last, concerned glance is cast over her shoulder in the troll’s direction before the Witch finally departs from the room.

“Call for me if you find yourself in need of me, Terezi. I will always be happy to assist you.”
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Terezi listened to what Jade had to say but did not see any of the effect her harsh words had on the Witch even physically since she was still covering her face with both her hands. The idea of Jade just going for a walk for a little while was soothing. Sure, she was a stranger but Terezi guessed she could put up with that fact until her caretaker or one of her friends arrived. She needed to be alone for the moment.

- Okay… Do that… T-take you time though.

Her voice was soft, nearly innocent. She had stuttered only once, proving she was still going strong despite her state. Trolls were proud creatures and Jade seemed to have picked it up already; maybe she judged the human a tad too fast. Jade produced some kind of soothing warmth that Terezi failed to feel from any other human, trolls or carapaces. Yes, all things reconsidered, it was better if Jade was the one to keep an eye on her instead of this other human maiden who was even more of a stranger then the Witch or the cold carapaces.

The Scale was about to say something else when the smell of sweet pastries reached her nose, splashing her dark world with nursing pastels colors by overwhelming the neutered scent of the hospital. She’d recognised that smell anywhere. Terezi loved macaroons more than anything else. The question of when did Jade have the time to fetch her usual order lingered in her mind but right now, she didn’t care that much about logical things.

- Are you gone?

Terezi waited for a response but was only greeted by silence. A tiny smile cracked her face and she reached out for the box of wonders, paping around it a few times before finally touching her prize. The smell was even stronger when she opened the box, coloring her world even more. Teal tears ran freely on her cheeks now. Jade had even bought the new cakes she had taken for her Dad and her to share later that night. She owed the Witch big, big time and she would have to make efforts to become her friend in order to repay her. Terezi realised how useless mean she had been to her and how it wasn’t really helping the troll cause toward the humans. Hopefully, when the Witch would be back, her mind would be a little clearer and she wouldn’t be crying like a grub.
But right now, it was weeping over fattening stuff time.
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:43 am

While Jade possessed a tendency to confront an issue when it was bothering her, in place of absconding from it, she recognized when it was imperative that she take the necessary time to cool her head. It had been a lesson that was hard learned--one she had not fully come to terms with until she began her communications with other beings beyond that of her mentor. The Witch was certainly not afraid to speak her mind any less, but nowadays, she was willing to acknowledge that time to reflect was remarkably helpful. Such reflected well on the situation at hand, the young woman further and further realized the more she advanced throughout the hospital.

Temper set at the barest of simmers upon the backburner of her mind, the Witch drums her fingers upon the smooth, impeccably clean surface of the receptionist’s countertop. Pinned to the wall above the busily typing carapace are several faded, peeling stickers of mythical figures and fanciful royalty as well as a spattering of photographs of a pudgy, young carapace latched onto the receptionist’s arm. Jade fleetingly muses on what having such a typical family must be like before dismissing the thought to the back of her mind, to keep her fading anger company.

Finally, finally, the receptionist turns to acknowledge the Witch with an apologetic grin and excuses of how busy the infirmary was and such and such forth. Jade does not doubt her claims, and returns the carapace’s nervous smile with the cheery one her lips are so well accustomed to.

“Fear not, fear not, I am in no hurry. I was curious as to whether or not you had managed to contact any of Miss Pyrope’s loved ones? Names? Oh, well, there is her father? And, hmm, who else is she close to? Ah! Karkat Vantas? Hmm, well, I would more than likely had known if he had arrived or not, considering how loud he is…”

Jade trails off, barely repressing the shudder that wishes to race down her spine. If they ever did manage to contact Karkat about this, there was not a doubt in Jade’s mind he would raise hell and back hearing of Terezi’s injuries. He was already so concerned for any of his friends’ welfare as it was, tough facade of his be damned. But with how attached he was to Terezi…it would either be an immensely amusing show or a terrifying one.

“Yes, well, that’s all right. If you receive any news, please, do not be afraid to contact me.”

Heaving a sigh, Jade picks up her skirts and makes headway back to Terezi’s designated room. It had been a while now, so hopefully the troll would be in a better mental state. Who knew, maybe she would even be more willing to converse! As far fetched as Jade thought it probably was, she nevertheless would have greatly enjoyed a chance to be friends with the Scale. Perhaps when all of this mess was in their long distant memories, they could even laugh about it!

“Perhaps…?”

Shoulders pulled back and head held high, Jade readies herself before rapping her knuckles against the closed door.

“Terezi? Is it all right if I come in?”
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 am

Terezi looked up at the door and nodded before realizing Jade couldn't see her through a closed door.

- Yes... Yes, you can come in.

When Jade entered the room, Terezi felt no presence with her which disappointed her, she wished someone came while she was cooling off. She wondered if the carapace nurses had even called anyone. Her race wasn't exactly the most loved one recently. If they did, they probably missed their shot. She couldn't find Karkat anywhere for days and she knew his every hiding spots. She smiled lightly as she heard his screaming voice in her head, yelling at her for getting hurt. Her caretaker wasn't home at that time and since she was always out, he wouldn't even think of looking for her before a few days. The only other she could think of were Vriska or Gamzee but they even knew she had anything to do with the highbloods?

- Here...

Noticing Jade had been in the room for a while now, Terezi pushed the box of sweet macaroons to the side of the bed. A single, green one was left in the box. Jade reminded the Scale of the emerald colour so she kept it for her. Bowing her head and stepping on her pride, Terezi took a deep breath before continuing talking.

- Back the shop.. What did you want to know?

Good start. Add you're sorry.
No... That's humiliating.
You've already humiliated yourself enough by nearly killing yourself in front of her
I'm not sorry.
Yes you are.
No.
Yes.

- hnmshorry.....
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:37 am

For a long while, Jade simply takes to observing the troll sitting—seemingly deliberating about something--so forlornly upon the hospital bed before her. This entirely white décor was a horrific compliment to the Troll skin palette. The fact they forced all patients into such blandly ashen garb, in contrast to the common, chipper hues of Prospit only assisted in reinforcing the young woman’s opinions. She would have to talk to Jane about this, at some point or another. Such droll, mundane settings did not suit someone of Terezi’s typical, boisterous soul.

“Hmm?”

Blinking out of her musings, the Witch glances up before allowing her bright eyes to see the box nudged ever so hesitantly in her direction. Over the rim, she could catch rounded emerald, and the mere sight of it has a grin taking to Jade’s lips. She’d saved her a treat! Stomach turning over itself and heart beating a staccato rhythm of hope against her ribs, the Witch advances towards the box before delicately retrieving the proffered pastry.

“Thank you, Terezi!”

The Witch takes to munching thoughtfully on the macaroon between her lips—Terezi had wonderful taste, this was divine—before sheepishly raising a hand to rub at the back of her neck.

“Honestly? I just…more than anything, I wanted to know if I could have a chance to talk with you. My excuse to do so was horrendous though. Shameful. Ugh…” Jade slaps a hand over her eyes in embarrassment, and she can feel the heat of shame crawling up her cheeks. “I…I was going to ask if you if the bakery was sabotaged. But it’s quite obviously not. My sources were, hmm, um, significantly lacking, if you will? We shall say he has a severe bias against pastries.”

Jade gives a nervous chuckle and wrings at her hands. Well, if she would have any luck, maybe the Scale would laugh? More than likely at her, but at least it would be something. It would be nice to see Terezi smile like she had at the meeting.

Lips parting in question, Jade turns to ask just what her companion had so softly said before registering it at the last minute. Blinking, once, twice, she stares for an extended moment at the chagrined troll before shaking her head and waving her hands.

“Think nothing of it! I should apologize in turn for pursuing you. I’m sincerely sorry myself. Forgiven?” That asked, Jade takes a seat on the corner of the bed before turning to the troll and offering her both a smile and a hand to take. “Oh, and, ah, if you ever wish…we could partake in more macaroons at the bakery some time? You seem to have fantastic taste, if you do not mind me saying.”

Maybe, just maybe, she and the troll had a chance at being friends. It never hurt to try, since it looked like they were at least taking the steps on the road of benevolence.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:07 am

Terezi chukled softly at Jade's reaction. The troll had received many shots of tranquillizers since her admittance at the hospital which softened her mood. Under the spur of the moment, it didn't seem like they had very much effect but now that she had cooled down, all the extra shots were doping the young troll to a point where she simply nod to everything Jade said. That was until it was her turn to talk and she was feeling chatty.

- The bakery? Evil? Hehehe! You're pretty funny, lady! The bakery isn't evil, well the people a
t least... those carapaces always ran that shop, it's a family buisness. Real nice folks, They helped me a lot when I became blind, you know? I see by nose, sorta like an ant or a bee... I don't remember but yeah! Of course the smell of their pastries would always bring me near their shop. I remember they didn't like me that much at first but the old owner noticed I wasn't like all the other kid trolls running around. I was blind. I didn't go to school so I didn't have anywhere to go. Eventually, he told his sons to stop chasing me away and started to give me broken pastries. I was really happy!! Can you image? Free sweets as a kid? Fucking paradise! Anyway with time, my nose got really sharp from smelling the different pastries all the time. I always like macaroons more then everything else though... Especially the red ones!! Thanks again for the box... Oh but what your question again? Oh yeah, evil cakes. Nah but they did hear that the Condesce has an odd interests in bakery? Some even call her the ''batterwitch''. That's a pretty cool title. I'd like to have one toom aside the ''blind girl''. But yeah, if that rumor is true and the Witch does reach the bakery, the owners told me they won't have any choice but to comply to her will. It's so unfair!! Those guys worked so damn hard all theirs lives and are one of the most honest citizens I know and all they built is about to be taken away by a grumpy nostalgic troll bitch!! I want to change that!! She needs to be stopped ASAP!! Or at least right after another box of sweet... sweet... maca...roons...

Terezi had fallen asleep toward the end of her sentence. She stayed still for a dfew minutes; sat up wirh her hands on her laps. er head suddenly snapped back when she abruptly woke with clear no recent memories.

Oh sorry. Have they reached anyone? My dad's at school, probably busy working. And if you reached Karkles, congratz cause I haven't been able to get in contact with him for weeks! I'm actually worried.. where could he be? Aside that... er, who informations could they have? I haven't seen Kan or Tav for ever... Maybe Vriska? I doubt she'd lift a finger for me though. Well, there would be Gamzee... Gee, It'd be swell ti see him right now hehehe

And she kept on rambling and rambling, randomly fallin asleep for a few minutes before pickinger her speech where she left it.
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 1:12 pm

Hands on her knees and body turned in her companion’s direction, the Witch makes it quite apparent she’s quite keen on hearing Terezi out. There was not a chance in the world she would miss any opportunity such as this—one where Terezi seemed so willing to be so amiable. And what was even better was that she had answered her seriously!

Though, her jubilation dampens, just a tad, when Jade realizes just what sort of things Terezi is telling her. Interspersed between the information on the bakery are hints at the troll’s past, on those essential details that made the Scale who she is today. Jade is not sure if it is the drugs coursing through the troll’s system or all they had been through, but the weight of such sensitive details makes Jade’s heart pang. While she was thrilled that the troll would want to tell her of all people such things, she still is not sure if she should be aware of them. Nevertheless, she is happy to hear Terezi out. A privilege was a privilege no matter under what circumstances it was presented.

Smile and voice both soft, Jade nods before chuckling,

“Free sweets as a child would have been fantastic! You were lucky, in that regard,” the Witch trails off, fingering a loose thread on her skirts. Should she disclose some information about herself in turn? Would that not be the fair thing to do? But Terezi was still recounting details. Best she wait. “It is no problem. I purchased more than my fair share of sweets at the bakery. I had more than enough to spare!”

At the mention of the Condesce, the Witch goes stiff, eyes narrowed and lips pressed into a thin line. So John’s information was not entirely misleading. She wasn’t sure whether to be pleased or disconcerted about that fact.

“Thank you for telling me these things, Terezi. I sincerely appreciate it,” Jade murmurs, fingers tightening upon the fabric in her lap. Voice harder now, she concurs, “It is unfair, immensely so. But if I have any say in this matter, in this fight, I would never let such a thing befall the bakery. Especially so since it holds such meaning to you. Any place that displays the kindness it has does not deserve such a fate.”

Shoulders slackening, the Witch idly takes to twiddling her fingers whilst chewing at her lower lip in contemplation. Finally, she offers, “You are only what you make yourself out to be, Terezi. Wear what others call you with pride upon your shoulders, and no more is it jest, cruel-hearted or no. You, to me, are justice: blind, impartial, fair…equal. A scale that weighs both sides without bias.”

By the time Jade glances over to the troll and away from the wall, she finds that the other female has already dozed off. However, she abruptly awakens, startling Jade into jolting back slightly. For a moment, she blinks at the girl before frowning deeply. She shakes her head, “I’m afraid they have not been capable of contacting anyone, just yet. Though they are making their best efforts to do just so, I have been assured. And if not, I shall gladly press them further.”

At her mention of Karkat’s disappearance, Jade’s fingers dig into her palms. Her friend was missing? He better have been okay! Karkat was strong. But he still…she worried about him. There were times he struck Jade as so fragile, emotionally. He was in dire need of a proper hug, or at least some sort of emotional support. And the others…well, she did not actually know them, or at least not very personally. But the fact that Terezi seemed to vest so little faith in them actually, assuredly showing up was immensely sobering.

“How about you get some rest, Terezi? I think it is well deserved. If any of your friends make an appearance, I assure you I shall wake you up and let you know. Until then, I will be here as long as you find yourself needing me,” that said, Jade offers the troll a comforting grin before gently reaching forward and placing her hands on Terezi’s shoulders. Slowly, softly, she nudges her back down onto the mattress before giving her a few, feather-light pats atop of the head.

“Best you sleep now.”
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:43 pm

It was probably better that way no one came to get her yet. In that drugged state, her strong emotional barrier was on its last layer, the one filled with holes. If any of them was going to show up, Terezi would just baw over how much she loves them even she doesn't trust them to save her life.

She pressed her hand against the Jade had put on her shoulder. Her words on how she perceived the troll touched her. Her breathing scraped as she sobbed a little.

If I have to leave... Could I please wait for my father or anyone at your place? .... I'd rather not be alone...

There. The drugs had done it. They had revealed what she truly feared: To be left alone again. She would probably regret it when the effects would wear off and never talk to Jade again but as of now, it didn't matter. She just didn't want to tiptoe to the dark side of the justice again.

Or maybe a troll like me isn't allowed in the rich quarters of the humans... Tsk.. So noble.

Or maybe her brain wasn't completely out yet.
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:14 pm

The utter shock that flew across Jade’s features must have been palpable if Terezi were to be so quick to rescind her previous request. Backpedaling, the Witch’s hands fly up before her chest in a placating manner, waving from side to side in some sort of gesture seemingly aimed at dispersing the dourness that had taken to the air.

“Terezi, no! I have absolutely no issue with you taking residence with me. As I’ve stated many times before, you are my comrade. I will gladly do all I can to be of assistance to you.”

Gingerly, she places her other hand over the one Terezi has placed upon her person. Giving the appendage a squeeze, she offers the troll a comforting smile before announcing,

“If you are to be staying with me for the time being, I will have to inform the staff so that they know where to direct your caretaker of your friends if they come looking for you here. I shall be back in but a few moments.”

Disentangling herself from her companion, Jade departs from the hospital room before once again approaching the counter. Once again, there seems to be no news of anyone’s arrival. Frustrated sigh given, the Witch informs the carapacian behind the desk of her intentions and where Terezi will be located before making headway back to the suite.

“Well, I’ve settled everything! As soon as you wish to leave, I shall take you to my tower.”

To think, Jade might very well be gaining a temporary roommate. Did Witch’s or Wizard’s of the Green Sun ever have another staying over? Oh well, there is always time for firsts!
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:47 am

By the time Jade was back, Terezi was already up and trying to change back into her normal clothes though they were a bit damaged. A few carapacian nurses, most likely alerted by terezi carelessly ripping tubes off her skin, had entered the room and were closely watching their departing patient.

Great! I still have no idea when anyone will notice I'm gone... If you ever get tired of me, just drop me near my house.

Terezi neatly folded the pale yellow gown she woke up in and placed in on the bed. She had learnt to fold with her eyes closed long before she became blind. She would always do it as she'd got out of bed, drowsy and dizzy. The huge amount of medicine in her blood didn't matter on this simple task. Done, she slowly turned toward Jade smiling a crazy that was completely inoffensive in the troll's mind.

I'm ready when you are but the nurses told me I cant walk so maybe shrink me down?
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Happy to see that the two of them could proceed ahead of anticipated schedule, Jade returns her new roommate’s massive, if not a bit intimidating, grin. Sometimes, one really forgot how sharp those troll teeth were. Turning to the fretting nurses, the Witch soothes,

“I shall take good care of her, fear not. If you hear anything from her relations, again, do feel free to contact me. Until then, I thank you all for your gracious assistance.”

After offering them all grateful smiles, the young woman takes any of the presiding doctor’s wishes to note. If she was going to be housing Terezi, she might as well know of what was needed. Jade had no intention of babysitting—the troll was her age, after all—but she would certainly keep an eye on her while the Scale was in this disoriented, drugged state. By the time she looks back over towards her companion, she sees that Terezi is already prepared to depart. At the other girl's words, Jade gives a giggle before nodding her consent.

“That is more than likely for the best. In your current state, I am none too sure you are up to space travel anyhow.”

With a flick of Jade’s fingers, Terezi finds herself immersed in sparks of green light. Then, the Scale is suspended in the air before she shrinks down to the mere size of a mouse. Stepping forward, the Witch catches the shrunken teen with a practiced ease before gently depositing her in the knapsack hanging from her shoulder—something she had borrowed from Jane to accommodate this new situation. Normally, Jade had no need for such things as knapsacks or purses, but she did not trust the folds of space to hold her new friend for such a long period of time as the trek to the Moon.

Glancing down into the knapsack, Jade shoots Terezi a reassuring grin,

“We shall be home in no time!”

[To be continued here: https://skaianwars.rpg-board.net/t134-delicious-dangers-continued#1299]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Delicious Dangers [continued]   Delicious Dangers [continued] Empty

Back to top Go down

Delicious Dangers [continued]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1