Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows Layer1vl
Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows Layer2h
Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows Layer3
Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows Layer4l
Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows Layer5

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:31 pm

Name: Nirana Vactes

Race: Troll

Kingdom: Derse

Psychological traits:

Nirana is extremely mature for her age. She can be friendly and sweet, but only for her own ends. As a whole, she is manipulative and, to some degree, a sadist. Nirana operates alone and always has a plan, and everything she does relates to her plan in some way. She is incredibly patient. Nirana is collected at all times and knows exactly what she's doing - it's a very rare occasion when someone can catch her lying, find out her motives, or catch a rare break in her composure. She is a very good actress. Nirana takes insults and betrayals very seriously, hates it when people look down on her, and never lets go of a grudge, preferring to wait for a suitable moment for her revenge.
Nirana can be very loyal to her friends if there's something in it for her. However, she has no sympathy for her enemies.
Not very surprisingly, Nirana has avoided romantic relations - they could prove to be a future liability, and she won't have that.

Physical description:

Nirana is very short - only about 4'11", a source of deep insecurity for her, even though she rarely mentions it. She has purple blood and is a sea-dweller, although she rarely spends time near water, preferring instead to live on land. She has short hair and pointed horns that curve downwards. She likes flashy, glittery clothing and is always seen wearing jewelry around her neck. Nirana is skinny and not very strong - however, she can handle weapons if need be, preferring darts and long-range shooting, but she prefers using her brains rather than fighting. Nirana is almost always seen with a tranquil, almost foolish smile on her face.

Background:

Nirana has no recollection of Alternia. Her lusus died when she was one sweep old. She lived with her carapace until the day of his death, when she was 5 sweeps old, and since then she has lived completely independently in the high district. She has always had very few friends, and preferred to spend her days at home doing research, working on any of her several plans, or practicing sculpting and carving, which were her favourite activities. In school, Nirana began as the loner – however, she quickly formed a sort of highbloods’ clique, which enabled her to get what she wanted, whenever she wanted. She did very well in school and achieved top grades.

Throughout her childhood, Nirana has followed the happenings of her planet with a sort of obsession. She has many of what she likes to call "business relations". Since she was about 5 sweeps old, Nirana has contacted many of those who hold power (leaders, nobles, and sometimes civilians for finding rumors), and makes her money by occasionally selling secrets to either side. Unofficially, she works as an informant. Although she has yet to meet many of the other trolls and humans, she may already know much about them. Not many suspect her - even now, she still looks about 5 sweeps of age. She has friends on both sides, and she realizes that she will have to cut some connections, break some alliances, and make some betrayals when she finally chooses, which is why she’s not willing to do so yet.

Overall, Nirana has opted to stay out of the rebellions and battles so far, although she knows more about both parties than anyone realizes. She realizes that the Condensce's reign may not necessarily be a bad thing for her - after all, she is a high caste seadweller - but she prefers to wait it out and join whichever side she believes will win. So far, Nirana has hidden mostly in the shadows - but now she's beginning to step out, make allies, and get involved. She has yet to choose a side – she’ll work with whoever will benefit her more.

OOC: (You can call me Sunny! This is my first time roleplaying so I'll do my best D: Please give me tips and pointers though! I feel kind of funny about creating an OC, but I don't think I could do the canon characters well enough. In fact, I think I made Nirana seem like more of a jerk than she actually is c: basically, she's best described as a calculating person who sits on the sidelines until things start happening. Well, I can't wait to meet everyone!

** Edited!

Last edited by Nirana Vactes on Sat May 12, 2012 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GCat
Admin
GCat
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Your character sheet is very good overall, but there's just a few things I would like you to clarify.

1. The part where you say her lusus died when she was 3 sweeps old. I'm not sure if it was completely clear, and that might be our mistake, but the war in Alternia took place fifteen years ago. So if she's sixteen years old, her lusus would've died when she was one year old. I'm not sure we mentioned this anywhere though like I said. We made a timeline as a personal reference, but I guess I might post it later, I guess it could be useful? I'm also not completely sure whether you meant her lusus or her carapace guardian.

2. I'd also like you to clarify the part about her business relations a bit. Like who exactly you refer to by "those who hold power" (the monarchy, the nobles, the agents? etc.), and also by "either sides". I believe you meant that she has created several business relations since she was 5 sweeps old, and that after the Condesce took over, she started informing both the rebellion and the Condesce of the whereabouts of the other side, but I'm not sure...

Maybe you could also specify whether she lives in the low or the high district.

If you can just clarify that, your sheet will be accepted. Overall, your character sheet is really impressive for a first time! I wouldn't have been able to do a fraction of that when I first started roleplaying.
Back to top Go down
https://skaianwars.rpg-board.net
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Okay, got it! Thank you
In that case, her lusus died when she was about one human year old, but an older high-class troll took her in temporarily, until she was about five.
Yes, that's basically it - she's an informant for both sides, for whoever she can contact, really - mainly leaders, nobles, and sometimes civilians for finding rumors.
She lives in the high district.

Sorry about that! I'm going to keep learning
Back to top Go down
GCat
Admin
GCat
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:11 am

Actually, she probably would've been assigned to a carapace since that's what happened to all the trolls who were too young to take care of themselves after the war (you can re-read that part here if you don't remember). Also, trolls weren't used to taking care of children since they all had lusus, especially highbloods who were more violent. That's why we would rather you stick to the carapace. If you want, you could say her carapace died when she was 5 sweeps old and then she took care of herself.

I would like you to edit your first post with this new information if that's not too much trouble, so that's it's more simple for other players to understand your character.

And don't worry about that, it's not a problem at all. I know there's a lot of documentation, and it might be a bit confusing...
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Done!
Back to top Go down
GCat
Admin
GCat
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Alright then! You character sheet is accepted, have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sollux Captor
Troll
Sollux Captor
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:18 am

Oh my I really like your character, I hope she'll cause some trouble~

welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://robotrainbows.tumblr.com/
Draconian Dignitary
Carapace
Draconian Dignitary
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptySun May 13, 2012 12:41 am

Hello and welcome on Derse.

I like your OC, it makes me think of DD and RPs might be very interesting.
I hope you will have a (possible) pleasant stay, depending on what you do and what happens!
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:02 am

Nirana is a very entertaining OC! I really enjoy how you've made it clear that while she does things for herself, she isn't a bad person! She's just doing what is most advantageous. And in times like those in the AU, such is an outlook that makes perfect sense! Either way, it has made me immensely intrigued to see her develop with the story we'll all end up making here on the forum!

I really hope we get the chance to rp together some time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows   Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows Empty

Back to top Go down

Nirana Vactes - The Girl in the Shadows

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Skaian Wars :: Before you start playing... :: Character sheets :: Dersites-