Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 Layer1vl
Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 Layer2h
Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 Layer3
Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 Layer4l
Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 Layer5

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mara Sikes
Human
Mara Sikes
Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 pm

The accusatory awkwardness in the room was near palpable, and the conflicted confusion on the troll girl's face made something protective spring up in Mara. Although her initial introductory statement had been bitter and stiff, she felt the need to not only redeem herself, but introduce the welcome she wished she had, but did not receive. She scooted around the Witch and past the rickety table, walking up to the troll girl, smiling comfortingly.

"We just really like getting to know new people, and we want to know what they think to see how they'd fit in our club." Mara's eyes softened as she looked at the blue-blooded troll, scared and conflicted, frustrated and confused. Normally, highbloods would make her cringe, recede into her own world, or become afraid enough to want to run, but this girl seemed...gentle. Despite the multiple scratches and scars on her arms and hands, and the blue-green splotches on her clothes, Mara got the feeling that the girl didn't want to harm any of them.

Mara stuck out her hand towards the girl. "My name's Mara. Well met, Miss Fhardon. Perhaps with sufficient interest and the right answers to the right questions, you could join our club, if our astute leader would allow." Mara glanced back at the red troll, her eyebrows raised and her lips twitched up at the corners.

Goodness, she was out of line. This was none of her business, dealing with trolls and attending secret meetings and shaking hands and smirking at leaders. Inner fear simmered in her gut. This was not what one did minutes after falling through the ceiling, being interrogated, covered for, then glared at and suspected. But she wanted allies, she wanted friends in the system and out, and possibly, on the thinnest threads, maybe she could have one, perceived-gentile blue blood who trusted her, even if three trolls and the most respected Witch of the Green Sun despised her and regretted her decision. Connections could win a revolution, if you played your cards right. But even know, Mara felt as though her eyes were blindfolded, and her cards were on the table for all to see but her.
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Oh, damn it all.

Kanaya thought, just knowing in her gut she was late for this meeting. She bit her lip, trying to move as fast as possible to get to the meeting that Karkat had told her of a few days prior (spawning many difficulties with juggling her schedule suspicion-free). Knowing Terezi and Karkat were up to something, she felt as though after 16 years of refusing to go on adventures with Terezi held her accountable to at least be in attendance for this. She managed to slip behind a building that was not too far from the closed apothecary, and made her way down the alleyway until finally making her way to the back door to the apothecary.

"Yes, this must be the apothecary," the young troll murmured, slowly opening the door and gliding in, with grace almost to that of a phantom. She looked around, noticing a hole in the floor where the trap door had previously been before she arrived. The light shining from the room below brought her towards it quickly. Kanaya knelt down and peered downstairs. Kanaya was slightly shocked to see the next surprise in line; blue blood was graciously splattered in small spurts along the stairway. Doing her best to ignore it she made her way down to the lighted basement, adroitly making her way around the table and towards Terezi and Karkat.

"Deepest apologies for being late, dears." She muttered to the two, gaining a poised stance. She observed the scene in front of her now. Two nobles, both speaking to a blue-blooded troll who had obviously been the one to have taken the spill she noticed on the stairway. Unlike Terezi, Kanaya did not hold a grudge on every blue-blood she encountered. Even when all is said though, Kanaya did not plan to talk to this blue blood much. As for the nobles, Kanaya often got commissions from nobles often at the shop, so their presence didn't affect her at all.

Last edited by Kanaya Maryam on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karkat Vantas
Troll
Karkat Vantas
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 am

That is just it. Karkat hit the top of what his patience could handle. He got himself away from Gamzee quickly and brutally. He walked to the opposite side of the room, throwing his arms in the air once and sighing heavily as a sign of giving up. What is up with them? This isn’t some kind of happy sleep over where every fucking body is invited. This is supposed to be serious business and it’s starting to look like a fucking circus. Hell, we already have a clown! Let’s go, everybody! Let’s begin a circus tour with y’all freaks! Jade will be the squiddle lady; half lady, half squiddle. Terezi will be lion tamers! Gamzee we don’t even have to say it. And... And... ok forget it. Fuck that crazy thought. Even though it wouldn’t be as tough to create a circus it would be pretty much more fucking annoying and frustrating than their rebellion right now. it would also be just plain useless.

After walking in circles for a while, listening to the horseshit they are telling the blue blood, Karkat came back close to the troll he had invited. His little walk didn’t calm him. Then, it hit him. What the hell was he doing? He IS the leader, why was he letting everyone do as he please with the uninvited? As he walked towards the center of the room, he heard someone else coming. Luckily, it was, again, someone he invited; Kanaya. She apologised for being late, but he wasn’t angry at her lateness at the moment. His nerves were getting trample on by everyone in the room.

Ok. Guys. Just so you know. If I hear about squiddles one more FUCKING time, I swear I will find one and push it down your throat.” He began strictly, shutting everybody in the meeting.

Can I ask you guys the definition of PRIVATE? Can I? Go, raise your hand if you have an answer. What about you, Fhardon? Can you tell me the definition of a PRIVATE meeting? Or maybe Mara could? No? Nobody wants to answer? Fine, I’ll teach y’all this new word no one here seems to know its existence. It’s something NOT available for public sight, presence or intrusion. A private meeting is for those who are INVITED who can come. Those who are NOT INVITED should leave. That’s it, that’s all. Now you guys, before you get on my case, I just want to tell you that THIS ISN’T A RECRUTING REUNION. I’m all up for recruiting new people but that is NOT the point of tonight’s meeting.” He stated in front of everyone in the room like some kind of dictator.

Now that you idiots know what private means, we still need to know what the deal with the new intruder is. What should we do with her? We can talk about it since we are still missing someone and we can’t get things fucking going until he’s not here.” He finished by leaning against the wall in front of his crowd.

He manage to stay calm, it was some kind of miracle.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:03 am

Terezi jumped at Kanaya's sneaking. Her voice was ever so soothing. The Scale turned around to hug her, a rare gesture for their race but she had been worried. Kanaya was never late usually. With the addition of all the commotion since the beginning of the reunion, scenarios were only adding up in the back of her head to explain her friend's lateness.

- And you used to always scowl me and you-know-who because we were late! Hehe!

She was about to add something casual like ''did you have any trouble on your way here'' when Karkat literally exploded.

The silence was so thick a knife could cut through it. Karkat's outburst of anger managed to quiet the chatter buzzing in the basement; a good thing considering it was supposed to be a SECRET meeting, you can't have you conversation to be heard at the other corner of the street.

Everyone's eyes were toward the grumpy leader who had decided to play cool kid and lean against the wall like a dark, tall and mysterious protagonist. The only this was... well Karkat was neither tell or dark and the only mystery was about his blood which about only Terezi could be bothered with.

A smile cracked the soft grey skin, pearl white teeth nearly reflecting the single candle they had to light up the room.

H3H3H3

She couldn't hold it in. Karkat's outbursts always cracked her up. To these people though, it must have been scary. They didn't seem to know much about trolls and nearly gave the impression of being afraid of them. Seeing Karkat all aggressive and close minded mustn't have helped their comfort in this meetinsg. Terezi wrapped her arms around her stomach as her cackling wouldn't stop.

This is what happens when you HINT meetings instead of making formal invitations, Karkles!! The Sikes human heard of it in the streets if I recall! I had to listen to the rumours myself!

She was slowly calming down, her shoulders stopping their jumping and her back straigthening but her smile was ever so present.

Well, now that they're here, we should keep them! They could be useful! It's good to have humans, they're still considered untouchable by many highbloods and won't be bullied as much as us. Talking of highbloods...

Her smile disapeard as she turned her head toward the blue blood. She knew she was being judgemental, something her caretaker, worse, her supposed ancestor, would be ashamed of. She couldn't help herself though. She couldn't trust anyone who had blue blood, was it royal or indigo. Those people didn't deserve her trust because of a single individual who hurt. An member of the rebel group which suddenly vanished after laughing at their ''idiotic ideals''.

Nonetheless...

Terezi was the scale. She need to keep the balance of things and if she couldn't... Well, she just had said the newcomers could be useful right? And they needed to kill time before their last invited guest, she had no idea who it was, came, right? Maybe it was time for some...

COURT BLOCK DRAMA.

Terezi grabbed Minthaal by the shoulders, she should not feel soiled since they were both mid bloods and sat her where Mara had sat during her own interrogations. Now everyone in the jury could see what was going on. Now the judge would be... well, Terezi hoped Kanaya would be since she was the only troll who wasn't an erupting turmoil and sober enough to judge stuff rightfully but Gamzee was the highest troll... So it would have to be Gamzee.

- Tell us everything you know about the highblood's doings.

A simple order. One that should clear it. Either Minthaal would spill the beans and prove herself to the rebellion or she wouldn't want to and she'd have to leave... and be kept on close watch but she didn't need to know that. Humans were about to witness some troll justice. They could speak up if they wanted, they had to since they were part of the jury but it would be by trolls'rules.
Back to top Go down
http://cosplay-is-good.deviantart.com
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 am

- Did they try to approach you yet, Gam?

As the question passed his ears and went into his head through all the scrambled receptors of his think pan, Gamzee couldn't help but remember the times where he was bullied by other highbloods because of his unusual temperament. A small pout pressed down across his face, letting out a quiet sigh.

"I been pushed around a few times a while ago, they'd be treatin' me like I was trash, pushin' me off my unicycle and callin' me bad names. Sad days for a motherfucker I tell ya..."

After the scale scowled him about the trap door he didn't repair, he let out another one of his slow and intoxicated chuckles, stating that he "ran out of motherfuckin' glue". Even though he was always intoxicated, Gamzee could feel the tension rise in everyone that was around him, starting to feel quite uncomfortable himself, snapping off for a fraction of a second before his mind turned him back into his floaty state, nobody would've noticed anything except for the fact that his eyes were a bit more opened than usual, especially after Karkat's outburst.

"You need to slam a Faygo bro, those w-"

Suddenly, the highblood jumped again at the sight of Kanaya, having not noticed her silent entry. Since he knew she posed no threat (as he assumed so for everyone existing in the world) he went back to his calm state, shoulders dropping and back arching forward in a lazy position. Makara then looked back at Terezi who had seemed to declare a court session, almost drooling on himself as he scratched the back of his messy head in confusion.
Back to top Go down
Mintaal Fhardon
Troll
Mintaal Fhardon
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Mintaal shrunk slightly to Karkat's sermon in her direction, speculatively most when her name was mentioned. As the lowblood ran on, she didn't even notice Kanaya slip in nor Terezi's small conversation with her. Poor, innocent Mintaal had simply run into this mess; she didn't ask for the searing self-consciousness Karkat's rage brought on in her, but as she was there she composed herself enough to attempt a pleading for her case as he spoke;

"Look, buddy, I didn't KNOW this shit was PRIVATE when I fell in!"

Karkat probably didn't hear her, however, as he was still speaking and didn't stop for a moment. Once he stopped, though, the eerie silence brought on an unsettling feeling that she was about to become a true toy to these people.Terezi's laughter that had broken the silence, and once she ended her plead with "highblood," Mintaal braced herself for the worst. Before she even realized it she had been flung into a chair, and questioned on her consiousness over highblood doings. She grunted and spat a little more blood again and thought for a moment, aware her response was vastlyimportant.

"The highbloods...?" She hesitated, thinking over again. "Ah, yes... All the hatred going around. Um, look, I'll admit one thing that I'm afraid you guys mostly won't like," pause. She swallowed nervously, "I've been involved in some of it. Sort of. Not because of whatever it's for -- I think the Condesce, right? -- but mostly just attempts to break up fights and things.Like, I try to reason with the highbloods to leave everyone alone... It -- It, uh, usually ends up with me having to fight them, though. It's surely not worth fighting fire with fire in this case... But, I guess I keep doing it every so often because I enjoy the thrill."

She felt like a small bug compared to everyone whose eyes were on her. She sat upright in a stiff stature, seeming vastly interested in the floor. She hoped for this interrogation to be over soon.

Last edited by Mintaal Fhardon on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Kanaya always felt energized by Terezi's spirit, even though Kanaya possessed a ladylike dogma. The energy cheered her up and left her powerless against the smile that would find its way upon her jade lips somehow. She made a tentative attempt to hug back before Karkat burst, spectating silently beside Terezi and staying still during the universal silence that fell upon the room. Her smile brought on by Terezi had been erased, her lips made then a thin line. She began to process what she had missed, pondering from the explanations she had heard as to how two Prospitans had actually managed to find their way to this meeting. She clasped her hands.

Terezi's giggling response once more relaxed Kanaya's mind, but not through bias but through logic did she decide to agree to her argument that Karkat's formal invitations were very unreliable for secrecy. Nonetheless, she kept her mouth closed, not speaking this chance either.

As for Terezi's interrogation, miss Maryam listened carefully to the highblood's reply. She had, indeed, witnessed someone attempting to reason with various highbloods within one of the last revolts, and being able to see Mintaal in this clarity combined with this memory began to piece together a sign that her plea was valid.

"I have indeed seen you performing this task, if my memory is proper." She gazed over to Gamzee and Terezi for their possible thoughts. She added quickly however, "Naturally I must add that this specter I have only witnessed once."
Back to top Go down
Mara Sikes
Human
Mara Sikes
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:36 pm

Mara's lips were pursed in a tight line. There was not much she could do to help the troll girl. She had spent most of the last year in her house, isolated from the violent revolts around the planet. Everything said about her seemed plausible, and she trusted the tailor, whom she had seen on various occasions, and believed her to be telling the truth. She stood by and watched, actually backing herself into a corner, now that her chair was taken. Mara stood in the dark and musty corner and watched them all toil at their interrogation. The brunt of treason hit her at that moment, and the price that had been paid to arrive at this spot hit her like a brick in the chest. All of them here were striving for equality, but nobody could seem to grasp it. They were all caught up in a tangled web of hatred, betrayal, mistrust, and fear.

There was nothing she could do. She had no standings. Her nobility was a ruse, her life a tool to be manipulated to the liking of those around her. She knew nothing about trolls, hierarchy in their lives, or the pain they felt. Their stories were books locked and bound to the likes of her. She would be an isolated piece of weaponry to them. Her words meant nothing to them, and her actions were only there for their benefits. This rebellion was a time bomb, a doomsday device set to explode when they least expected it. How could she change that? How could a fake idol like herself make any impact? All she could do right now was stand back and observe the crisis.

Who would stand up for this troll? The Witch had been her savior, but now who would swoop down to save the next damsel in distress? She could tell the troll was stronger than she had been, and she hoped she would be accepted and let be. But what could she do. Mara's eyes grazed over the group in the room, finally landing on the troll girl...Fhardon was her name. She thought their eyes met, only for a moment, probably just Miss Fhardon scanning her accusers across the room. Still, Mara knew she could get through this.

She waited patiently in her corner, a single hand, clutched in a fist at her breast.
Back to top Go down
Mintaal Fhardon
Troll
Mintaal Fhardon
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Mintaal breathed a little when Kanaya confirmed her more or less. She brought her eyes from the floor and scanned the room slowly, more or less recognizing every troll, but nobles were new to her. After a moment she realized she was shaking a little from adrenaline and anxiety.

"There's so much fear and distrust in this room... All I can do is give you my word that I'm telling the truth," she uttered quickly. She accidentally let herself ramble, "Why is it that only I know that my word is actually being honest, that -- that no one can trust that phrase, 'I give you my word'? Everyone always lies when they say that... and I end up being the only one knowing that I actually mean it... I hate always all this fear, this distrust, all this uncertainty and danger and... and it feels as though there was a time where it wasn't this bad, this violent and dangerous, and -- there was once a time where giving someone your word must've actually meant something --" She stopped herself, grimacing at the words she uttered.

No, no, no, the lies, the hate, the fear, they don't exist. They don't exist why am I saying they do? This "hate" is not a thing, this "fear" does not exist, but why do I say it does, why do I feel like it makes sense when I say it does? This is not true this truly must be a mirage some sort of dream, somethi -- She stopped her thoughts. Mintaal sat up, realizing that her eyes had watered up and several trails of blue-tinted tears had stained her face slightly. Frustrated with this, she rubbed her face to remove the traces of tears and growled a little. Stupid, stupid, dumb!
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 pm

At this point, Jade was debating whether or not she should feel exasperated, frustrated, or amused. So, as to appease the toil in her subconscious, the young woman settles for indolently dragging a hand down her face. By the time she’s quite finished, those in attendance are mainly still arguing, being interviewed, or standing back and observing the chaos.

While Karkat’s shouting had quieted everyone down temporarily, it had not assuaged the festering wound of discontent among their group. While his argument held some truth, (this had been a private meeting) so had Terezi’s. Jade very well knew he had not been exactly subtle about his message. How were the newcomers such as Mara to know better when all she had been privy to were hushed rumors? But Jade was not necessarily in full support of the teal-blooded troll either. The blue blood had a seemingly reliable witness to back up her claims, and that aside, Jade did not sense much of any malice in her person.

This would have been so much easier to be done with if Jade was a troll. She’d understand the intricacies; she wouldn’t make any unnecessary social faux pas. Well, either way, there was not much use dwelling on that that could not happen. Instead, Jade heaves another sigh while settling her chin into her hand. Briefly, she glances over her shoulder at the other human in the room, who looks just about a lost as she is on this entire matter. The poor girl undoubtedly had much to say, but was not in much a place to say it. Jade had to give her credit though, speaking up earlier was admirable, all things considering.

As the poor troll girl stammers and stutters out her answers, Jade feels a twinge of pity in her chest. Being new, surrounded by uncertainty and even some hostility was nerve-wracking for anyone. Leaning back and lacing her fingers together, the Witch finally claims,

“Well, I am going to be upfront: I trust that Miss Fhardon’s intentions were pure when she fell through the floor and into our meeting. And I trust that, as she sits here, they are still pure. We stated we would not bring her any harm, and that we cease this psychological nitpicker-y before we go against our word.”

Jade has the feeling her opinion more than likely means little to some of those in attendance, for whatever reason they may be, but she was still a member of this rebellion. She had a voice and she was going to use it.

“Anyhow, I would love to attend to the matter of why this meeting was actually called, rather than interrogate suspicious or not-so-suspicious persons.”

Jade was the Witch of the Green Sun, and thus a very busy young woman. This meeting had been dragging on far, far longer than she had anticipated and honestly, it was becoming sort of irritating. It would be nice to get all of these extra issues settled so they could all get down to business.
Back to top Go down
Karkat Vantas
Troll
Karkat Vantas
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Karkat rolled his eyes as he saw the blue bloods’ eyes watering. If there was one thing he couldn’t handle, it was to see someone cry. Yes, maybe they have been hard on her, but we just CAN’T trust just anybody who says they’re cool. In this time period, you can’t trust anybody, not even yourself. They have been lucky this far but they have to stop pushing their luck on the edge of a cliff.

Ok, look. I’m sorry to tell this to you but in the time we are living, every fucking body is driving by fear and distrust. Everyone is beginning to choose their side and we will suffer from it. Both sides. If we are not careful, we might just fall apart and all our effort will be gone. Yes, you might say the truth, be we need evidence of your good attention. And you guys need to fucking learn not to trust anybody who just tells you to do so, for fuck’s sake” he stated.

He walked back and forth as Jade said her opinion on Mintaal.

Fine, you are taking just another one on your back, Jade. You want to trust her? Fine. But she will have to prove herself to me to gain my respect.” He declared as he moved on to what was really the point of the meeting.

I was just thinking the same thing, Jade. And you know what? Fuck Jake, you will report everything I am saying here to him and also add that I’m personally telling him to go fuck himself with a brick for not coming today.” He began calmly.

Karkat placed himself in front of everybody before starting his just made up speech. He took a deep breath and started:

As you may know, things are getting tougher here since the Condesce coup d’état. The lower population suffers’ from lack of money, food and security. And it’s getting tougher every day we keep going. Tension between bloods and even race are rising and nobody can be safe anymore and we are no different. It’s all cool to say we are starting a group but we don’t even have weapons, a safe HQ or a decent amount of followers. People who could be on our side fear they would just be killed because of our lack of security and I don’t blame them. This is why I gather you guys here, those who were invited. I will give every single one of you a task you will have to fulfill until our next meeting.

He looked at Terezi first:

Pyrope, you will continue to gather rumors from the street but you will also recruit new rebels for our cause.

He then looked at Jade:

You and English will train Egbert the best you can, we can’t allow the Heir to be sleeping on his lazy ass when a war is coming soon. I will also ask you guys to get us weapons the more you can without being notice. And only for you, Harley, I would like you to get the idea into the royalty’s head that our rebellion is a good thing so they won’t get on our back if we start anything.

He moved his eyes to meet Kanaya’s:

When we will have our weapons, I want you to hide them in your shop. You also already frequent many nobles; you can get some information and rumors out of them.

He looked at Gamzee and frowned, he couldn’t really get him to do something which demands too much effort:

Gamzee, I want you to listen to rumors on the streets as well. With your performances, you gather quite a lot of people.

He then turned his attention to Mara. He didn’t know what to give her since it wasn’t really planned she would be here. But then, an idea hit him:

Miss Sikes, if you really want to be useful for our group, I want you to be our local messenger. PM has a lot of work with going on Derse and we want to be more subtle.”

He thought that he gave everyone a role when he met Mintaal’s eyes. Oh god, what can he do now? He rolled his eyes and finally thought of something for the blue troll:

You, you will work with Gamzee. He's not the type to remember everything he hears so we’ll need another one to fulfill his thoughts.

He would not say what he would do. He prefers to keep some of the information for himself, just in case. Oh, maybe he could say something else to make him look less like a dictator.

Does anybody have any objections about what I just said?” he asked, prepared for any type of questions.

Last edited by Karkat Vantas on Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:29 am

Kanaya silently watched as the blue blood rambled to near-insanity. She felt very little empathy, keeping a slightly level mindset like Karkat began to recommend in his blatant way. Whoever this girl was and whatever situation she was in to get here did not matter; it was a dangerous world. As much as the blue blood had wished for a trustworthy ambience, that was not the case. Mintaal's pleas paradoxically caused Kanaya to simultaneously distrust and pity the girl.

As Karkat spoke, Kanaya felt as though this meeting was finally getting somewhere. She shifted her feet and smiled a little, and listened in to not only her own assignment but everyone else's. Hmm... Kanaya mulled her task over in her mind, While holding the weapons and harvesting information is useful, I'm sure that I can do more...

Kanaya raised her hand then lowered it when she knew she had their leader's attention.

"Karkat, I believe that I can be of more assistance over the concern of relaying messages." She paused and glanced over to Mara, being slightly familiar to her highness due to several visits to her shop from the girl. "In fact, Mara and I could work together, I believe, if she is to be our messenger. I am certain that it should be safer for her highness to simply visit me rather than run all over amid the dangers and tensions within Prospit. Would that be alright with you, my friend?"

She returned her eyes to the cranky troll, waiting for his thoughts or approval (and for Mara's as well).
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 am

Mara couldn't be more right on her impression about all this mess. Trolls were cautious creatures, plagued with hatred, distrust and fear but god forbid having those aliens ever admitting the last one. It is said that when a populace was deeply wounded by something, its youth would suffer the afterwave for many generations to come. The trolls would only have a scarred generation though; without a mothergrub, there was no grub and the youngest were already 15-16 years old.

Nonetheless those alien creatures didn't believe everyone was friendly and trust worthy like humans seemed to believe. The Scale was pretty sure that if everyone would have been trolls, Fardhon would be dead already.

Terezi was mind blown from how everyone gave her their trust without any real proof of her sincerity. Didn't they realise who they were facing?! She could be a scout from the Highbloods for the rebellion but nope lol, let's tell her our secrets. Goddamnit, sometimes Terezi wondered if everyone was really born equal... Gamzee also seemed to be cool with her but then again, Gamzee could have the abilities to be cool with the Condesce as long as his surroundings stayed relatively the same.

It was Kanaya's testimony that did the finishing blow to Terezi's enthusiast at cracking Minthaal open. If Maryam confirmed she saw Minthaal do something that would make her good, Terezi had little choice but to trust her word. She knew the fashionista hated discord which lead to chaos and solving the uninvited's as soon as possible would avoid all that but Kanaya would never lie even to reach that goal.

Alright, miss Fhardon, looks like the jury was favourable to your case.

Sighing loudly, Terezi stepped out just as Karkat stepped in. She listened half heartedly to what their lovely leader had to say but the moment he said her name, her teeth reapeared in a dark smile.

HEHEHE You can count on me, Karkles!! I'll keep an ear and eye out in the market!!

The marketplace was her usual spot where she did stuff for the rebellion. When recruiting, her loud voice would get the attention and she was sure that if she had meet all those unawaited members in a more normal context, she would have accepted them in team with great excitement. It was mostly how they randomly came in that upset her since she couldn't investigate on them. As for the rumours there, Terezi would often disguise herself as a beggar and sit against the wall and focus on what she could hear with her enhanced hearing due to her handicap.

Terezi nodded as Karkat went on retributing the roles, agreeing with most of them. Then he asked the dangerous question if everyone agreed of those roles, she stopped breathing to see what the others had to say. She whimpered a little when Kanaya talked again, not wanting to insult her friend.

Kanaya... I think I understand why Karkat wants to give the messenger role to Mara. While it is most likely that you are more ''neutral'' by talking to both humans and trolls on a daily basis, a human would be more secure and less suspected. You are a jade blood, a midblood, like I, you receive a lot of pressure to ''make up your mind'' on which side to pick for the upcoming war. Having your shop burned down by Condesce followers would be a shame... What yoou could do is to be some sort of post office!! People could safely deposit their letters on your counter while shopping like any normal prospitians and Mara would come to pick them up and deliver them! Plus, think of the instant buy you could make with that strategy!
Back to top Go down
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 pm

All of this conversational chaos, those voices that sounded like a swarm of bees, the dust in the room transforming into fog before his very eyes, the very dim light in the basement and the overall tense atmosphere made Gamzee uneasy. His jaw dropped as he tried to focus on something, barely able to keep track of everything that was going on whether it was Minthaal trying to prove herself trustworthy, Kanaya adding her testimony to the conversation, Jade trying to set everything back on track or Karkat handing an important task to him... "oH mAn, I'd Go FoR a FaYgO rIgHt NoW" he thought.

Whoa whoa there, did you just hear Karkat give you a task? You better MoThErFuCkInG believe he did! But what was it about? Did he say he wanted you to perform on the streets? No, you're already doing that almost everyday instead of going to school! Or was it something about listening to the streets? Man that sounds silly, you're pretty sure streets don't talk to people, maybe except for those few times you take too much pills. Alright alright, focus now Mr.Makara... He told you to gather rumors about a lot of people! But rumors aren't so nice you think to yourself, but Karkat wouldn't tell you to do something like that.

Gamzee ought to listen better next time, but soon enough and for the better, his best friend would have Minthaal help him on his objective he didn't have a clue on. He gave his friend a slow nod and an intoxicated smile and turned his head to Minthaal to do the same. He didn't know a single thing about what he had to do, but he would ask her later, she didn't seem so bad too! Hell, even the Condesce didn't seem so bad to him in fact, she just seemed a little fishy :o) hOnK hOnK! But lets not get lost in these wet thoughts, there is work to be done and it is not the time to clown around!

"I'll do the best a motherfucker can do, brother!"

Back to top Go down
Mintaal Fhardon
Troll
Mintaal Fhardon
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 am

Feeling a little more encouraged by the group and pushing her doubts aside, Mintaal smiled a little when being assigned to assist Gamzee. This perfectly fit in her not-so-diabolical-but-moreso-determined plan to become friends with this highblood, so everything was dandy in her mind. Fuck the haters! Mintaal got up gingerly, unsure if her rise would unsettle anyone and made her way to Gamzee and patted him on the back.

"Yeah! We'll do our best!" She grinned as though she'd been introduced to a full candy shop with unlimited credit. She turned to Gamzee. "I'll be your body guard, too!"
Back to top Go down
Jade Harley
Human
Jade Harley
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:52 am

As soon as things started picking up and the tension aroused by suspicion dissipated, the Witch found her previously sour disposition improving exponentially. Waving a hand in dismissal, Jade easily brushes off the leader’s proclamations concerning the new troll. As she kept telling everyone, this girl was just fine—just like the human!

“I’m glad to take Miss Fhardon under my blame, if need be. Just as I had been for Miss Sikes.” Chuckling, Jade turns green eyes towards the currently more jubilant, new troll to shoot her a warm smile. However, at Karkat’s rebuttal of her consulting Jake, Jade cannot help but give a loud laugh. “I’m going to have to be perfectly honest with you, Karkat. Fucking himself with a brick sounds unnecessarily painful.”

Jade gladly quiets herself though when Karkat takes up his leadership role and doles out his commands. Her attention was not solely taken for the sake of listening to her designated duty. Rather, she was, well, kind of happy to have the chance to see Karkat so comfortable with himself, for once. On almost all other occasions, he was a painful core of self-loathing and doubt that manifested into cursing and the prickly exterior he so readily exuded. But when he stood up with such determination--all grim expressions and hard stares--he was so fluid, even if everything he said could be utter bullshit. Jade was pleased he was not so utterly entangled in his misery, at times like these. Friendship was strange like that—making one so happy for such silly reasons as another’s happiness.

“Hehe, this works out well then. It sounds as if I may just have some training myself, this way,” Jade gives a wide grin at the prospect of the upcoming challenge set before her. It was not often she was included in on John and Jake’s sparring matches. But now, she had to the chance to strut her stuff and really give those boys a run for their money. Now weapons, weapons may be harder. Most of them were in the high district, under military jurisdiction. And while she could more than likely get in there, it would certainly look a little bit suspicious that the Witch of the Green Sun was seeking out weapons, even if under the radar. The people might begin to fret. Jake would definitely come in handy, considering his military experience. “Jake and I will get a hold of them as soon as possible.”

Now what about the royalty? Well, the Queen and Jade had a pleasant relationship, and that was understating it, really. They got along stupendously, something Jade attributed to her Highness’s sympathy and wisdom. Hopefully, it would not be all too arduous a task, convincing her to support a movement like this. The King, Jade could not say for sure. Nevertheless, she had hope that if she had the Queen’s support, the pieces would fall into place. “I shall schedule a meeting with the King and Queen, then.”

The Witch’s blood was boiling with anticipation already, and she had not yet left the headquarters. Speaking of which…

“While I hate to be rude, I do think I might head out. That is, if that will be all you need of me. I’m of the opinion it would look less suspicious if we all began trickling out of here slowly and separately, lest we attract unnecessary attention.”
Back to top Go down
Karkat Vantas
Troll
Karkat Vantas
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:34 pm

When Karkat heard Kanaya’s proposition he massaged his forehead, expecting to have to explain himself. Luckily for him, Terezi did her job at understanding what the short troll meant by the job he gave.

Thanks Pyrope. Yes, you could do that, after the meeting, both Mara and you could talk it out.

As he heard everybody agreeing on their given task, a slight weight was lift from the leader’s shoulders. It was rather reassuring to get everyone’s approval and it boosted his confidence a bit. It may not look like it but he often fear of not taking the right choices. He look like he's handling everything, that he knows exactly what he's doing when he doesn't. He really hope he is doing the right thing.

I was about to tell everyone that. We should get out not only one by one after a few minutes but also from different exits. There’s the back door where you all came from, the front door and also a door leading to the roof. I will get away from the roof, those who can, it’s a safer way than the streets.

He looked at everyone and a thought passed through his head: he really hope that he will see them all at their next meeting.
He shook it off and before taking his coat back he added:

Well everyone, the meeting is close. I would like you to not write or talk about this meeting. With that clear, I wish you all a safe trip back home and good luck on your tasks.” He stated sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:50 am

Terezi nodded at the end of Karkat's speech before scanning the room one last time with her corrupted vision. She wished she could remember everyone's face correctly enough to recognise them at the next meeting or even in the streets. She suddenly recalled something very important Karkat had forgotten.

- You will be warned for the upcoming events. We haven't decided how yet, maybe it will be some grafiti on the walls or trough Mara's letter services, we'll see. Some of them will be more public then others. You are strongly advised to come to every meeting since you are now, yes even the uninvited ones, part of the Rebellion's core.

Terezi walked to the now open hole of the trap door and jumped up to an impressive height to catch the rim and lift herself up. Some fumblings could be heard then her head suddenly popped through the hole.

- I will also get out from the roof. And Gamzee, don't forget to repair the door this time.

[This will be my last reply on this thread, I have written [CLOSED] in the title but you can all write one last reply]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]   Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebels: Get ready! [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2