GallowsCalibrator: Layer1vl
GallowsCalibrator: Layer2h
GallowsCalibrator: Layer3
GallowsCalibrator: Layer4l
GallowsCalibrator: Layer5

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GallowsCalibrator:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
GallowsCalibrator: Empty
PostSubject: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:09 pm

It was very late, far too late to be wandering Derse streets alone. Nevertheless, Nirana was not concerned for her safety - she had a couple of knives and her dart shooter hidden under her cloak. No, what worried her was the possibility that anyone saw her deliver this letter. No one should know, because, not for the first time, this was information she was not supposed to have. But she couldn't resist - how lucky that she'd sneaked the mysterious letter from the Parcel Mistress and given it a glance over before it was sent!

She found PM finishing her nightly duties. PM looked startled to see her, and somewhat apprehensive - Nirana often intercepted mail and interfered with correspondances, a habit the Parcel Mistress hated. But PM also looked vaguely interested - Nirana often sent letters, letters that PM very happily delivered.

- Please get this to GallowsCalibrator. Whoever she is.

PM blinked rapidly and shook her head. Nirana could tell what she was thinking. GC was secretive too, then? PM evidently didn't know if GC was expecting more mail... No, Nirana had to get this letter sent no matter what.

- Don't worry, I know her. She's expecting me to contact her.

A lie. No matter - PM seemed immensely relieved and reached to take the letter. Nirana trusts her to do her job.

<<GallowsCalibrator.

I know that's not your name, but bear with me. My name is Nirana, and I am very interested in the situation in Prospit. Don't be afraid. I did not steal your letter - I merely glimpsed it, so this is not PM's fault. I simply want some information, as I'm doing a lot of research on the rebel forces in Prospit as well as Derse, and I feel like you can help me out. In fact, since you want to hear about the Dersite rebel movement, I think we can help each other.

What do you think?

Nirana.
>>
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:22 am

Terezi was completely oblivious of what she was about to receive. The day was busy with errands, the streets busy with people. The young troll was in the middle of the important task of choosing the best vegetables when the Parcel walked up to her. The fair carapace gave her a letter in broad daylight in front of everyone, leaving her confused. Terezi never really received any letters before. She did notice PM's wink though just before she left. Everyone was staring at her, burning her nape with their curious gazes. Terezi simply shrugged it off and dropped the letter in her bag before resuming to her errands.

When she came back in the mid-afternoon, Terezi simply dropped the packages on the kitchen table to the care of her tutor and locked herself in her room like she usually did. The teenager held the letter over her head and stared at it with her dead eyes for the longest time. It was a stupid thing since she couldn't see it no matter how hard she squinted her eyes. She still did it though, she could never get completely used to her handicap. Terezi finally brought the letter to her nose and sat up when she recognised Derse's lavender scent. The little paper had suddenly taken much more importance. It was from a new penpal though; it smelled very different from the two previous letters and more feminine. The troll frowned, she'd need to wait until her caretaker went to bed to do the proper opening ceremony. Oh and to hell with it, she was way too excited to wait. The sound of ripped paper echoed in the room and Terezi layed back down on her bed as she licked the ink.

- Hummmmmm....

That letter was rather puzzling. This Nirana character was playing a game Terezi did not like. Shadowy individuals was her least favorite type of person to deal with. She picked up her writing tools and began writing yet another response.

<
1 WOULD L1K3 TO KNOW HOW 4ND WH3R3 YOU H4V3 ''GL1MPS3D'' MY L3TT3R 4S W3LL 4S T3LL1NG M3 WHOS S1D3 YOUR3 ON W1TH 4N OBV1OUS PROOF. 1 W1LL NOT D1SCLOS3 4NY FURTH3R 1NFORM4T1ONS UNT1L 1 4M SUR3 1 C4N TRUST YOU; NO M4TT34 TH3 S1D3 1 P3RSON4LLY 4M ON.

4NY FUTUR3 DOCUM3NTS R3C31V3D UNT1L TH3S3 R3QU1R3M3NTS 4T3 F1LL3D W1LL B3 1GNOR3D.

G4LLOWSC4L1BR4TOR.>>

There. it was perfect. Terezi nodded in approval, Nirana would have to fish for her answer; Terezi Pyrope was not a gossip, she was an activist and activist always must be vigilent about the envious people who would like to know what she knows.

She gave the letter the next time she bumped into PM and gave her the letter as if it was normal mail but the purple ribbon indicated otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://cosplay-is-good.deviantart.com
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:33 pm

PM caught Nirana returning from a hard day's work. She'd done some reconnaissance trips both for research and for pleasure, and she was exhausted. However, she smiled when she saw the letter with the purple ribbon, and took it quickly after tipping PM. She took the letter into her room, where she leaned back in her chair to read it.

Her usual smile grew wider and wider as she read. Hunting for information was her favourite game, and this GC seemed to know her stuff. Nirana knew she had to back off a little - usually, people were willing to trade a bit of their knowledge for some of hers, but she had a feeling GC had more to lose than to gain. Nirana interlaced her fingers and debated how to reply without giving away too much about herself. She doubted that giving GC a piece of information would work - she might have to give up her most valued information, something she never wanted someone to know that she possessed, for GC to put her trust in Nirana. Sending a stolen Dersite object might work, but she wanted to avoid the possibility of GC finding out that the "proof" was stolen.

Even so, she glanced over her collection. In her cupboard lay rows and rows of trinkets she loved to wear, some official-looking stamps and seals that she'd found, taken, or traded for, a few things her guardian had left her, and some strange antiques. None of these were acceptable. Nirana's eye drifted over to her Derse and Condensce pins. She didn't like revealing to anyone that she was the Derse rebel informant, because no one really knew it was her and she hated being tracked, and this was risky, but she would take a gamble. She had some extras somewhere, didn't she? Nirana found a spare Derse Informant pin, attached it to a piece of paper, and began to write.

<<GallowsCalibrator:

This is my informant's pin. I work for the Derse rebels, relaying and finding information - ask any rebel in Derse, they will tell you that the pin is genuine. In fact, they've probably dealt with me before, and they'll confirm that I work with you. Actually, I need to ask you to send it back once you've accepted my proof - I need it for my work, and there are relatively few pins around.

I often see PM because of my informant duties, and when I saw the letter from Prospit I couldn't resist. I have few friends in Prospit and have no idea what's going on over there - really, I don't ask for much. I just want to know what's happening - is the Condensce taking over there, too? Is everyone okay?

Nirana.
>>

She finished and put down her pen. It wasn't perfect, but she hadn't lied - she did work for the Derse rebels. She'd just avoided the fact that she worked for just about anybody, if they could pay her well. This was less information than she wanted to ask for, but she thought she'd take it slow. After all, she DID need to know the situation in Prospit, anyway. Besides, it would be interesting to have a penpal in Prospit who knew what was going on.

Once again, Nirana waited for night to come before she passed her letter to PM.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Terezi received Nirana's letter in the same fashion as the first: By randomly bumping into PM in broad daylight in a crowded place. This time, the reception drawn much less attention then the first. Terezi actually like this method of exchange, it was much more discreet to have it slipped with the normal mail then trying to be suspicious at midnigth under a lampost. PM was trusty enough not to mix up the letters and did two rounds of regular mail by week to cover up her dangerous travels to derse. The scale troll also found funny that her penpals changed with the times she met with PM.

She ripped the enveloppe open as soon she got to her house, flopping on her bed and began reading. The troll analysed it several times as she played with the pin, licking it for authentication sakes. She found the token of proof rather odd and the letter empty of any useful informations aside the dersite's name and role in the rebellion. She understood why Nirana would avoid revealing too much but she couldn't get over the proof sent her way. Terezi found it odd the informant of all people would wear a pin to identify herself. It surely meant all the other rebels must be wearing a similar symbol. Now if was either by provocations from the rebels or an obligation from the Condescence to easily spot the ''bad apples'' remained a mystery.Though Nirana had fufilled her conditions without avail, the scale troll couldn't put the sligthest parcel of fate in her. Terezi lazily whiped a few letter with her index to bring it to her lips and cringed at the taste. She knew Nirana was a troll from her scent, and a highblood one at that. She hated the aftertaste of egoism and selfpreservation, values Terezi hated. She also linked this individualism to Vriska with whom relationship had deteriorated since the up rise.

<
1 MUST 3PR3SS MY CONT3MPTM3NT FOR TH3 QU1CK R3SPONS3 4ND TH3 PROOF 1 4SK3D FOR. 1 MUST S4Y TH1S TOK3N SP4RK3D M4NY QU3ST1ONS FROM MY S1D3. YOU W1LL UND3RST4ND 1 ST1LL N33D TO V3RIFY TH3 CR3D1B1L1TY OF TH3 P1N THOUGH. 4S YOU 4R3 R34D1NG TH1S, YOUR P1N 1S 1N TH3 H4ND OF 4 D3RS1T3 R3B3L 1 H4PP3N TO CORR3SPOND W1TH. H3 W1LL S3ND 1T B4CK TO M3 W1TH 4 CL34R R3SPONS3 1F 1 SHOULD TRUST YOU OR NOT. 1 W1LL NOT SH4R3 W1TH YOU 4NY 1MPORT4NT 1NFORM4T1ONS UNT1L 1 H4V3 R3C3IV3D 4ND S3NT YOU TH3 P1N B4CK.

4S FOR YOUR QU3STIONS, PROSP1T 1S ST1LL 4 S4F3 PL4C3 TO L1V3 4ND TH3 ROY4LTY 1NT3ND TO K33P 1T TH4T W4Y. TROPS 43 R34DY FOR WH3N TH3 COND3SC3NC3 W1LL STR1K3. TH3 ONLY ''TURMO1L'' WOULD B3 W1TH1N TH3 TROLLS BUT 1T W1LL QU1CKLY B3 SOLV3D 4ND B3 FORGOTT3N. 1 WOULD 4LSO L1K3 TO 4SK YOU QU3ST1ONS BUT 1 W1LL W41T FOR TH3 PROC3DUR3S TO B3 OV3R.

-G4LLOSC4L1BR4TOR>>

There. The text contained a few lies but it was about how honest Terezi could safely be. She wasn't sure if Nirana wasn't a spy and stating the exact military condition of Prospit wasn't exactly the best thing to say. She didn't want to leave the Condescence any chance. She didn't really know how the royals were preparing since she never talked to anyone socially higher then a merchant. Her words could be very well true. The prospitian also avoided telling the troll situation from an inside point of view. She never mentionned was a troll after all and she doubted Nirana had the same abilities she had, no one ever did before. And speakinf of the other dersite rebel, Terezi took out a new sheet of paper and flattened it on her desk.

<
1 S3NT YOU TH1S R4TH3R STR4NG3 4RT1F4CT. 1 H4V3 R3C3NTLY R3C3IV3D 4 L3TT3R FROM SOM3ON3 CL41M1NG TO B3 4 F3LLOW D3RS1T3 R3B3L WHO H4D Y1FF3D OF OUR BR31V3 3XCH4NG3 OF L3TT3RS. 1 4SK3D PROOF OF S41D F3LLOWSH1P 4ND H4V3 R3C31V3D TH1S ''R3B3L D3RS1T3 1NFORM4NT P1N''. 1 S1MPLY W1SH FOR CONF1RM4T1ON 4BOUT TH3 R3B3L TROLL N1R4N4. 1 4LSO D3M4ND YOU TO R3TURN TH3 P1N TO M3 FOR 1 H4V3 PROM1S3D TO S3ND 1T B4CK MYSELF.

MY 4PPLOG13S FOR TH3 1NFORM4L LETT3R.

- GC>>

Terezi stretched her arm to take a new strip of the purple ribbon she had bought at Kanaya's tailorshop to attach the scroll with and pin the jewel at its end. The nest day PM was on routine duty, she gave her Nirana's letter and Dirk's one the same night.

(OOC: Im sorry for the crappy and probably confusing reply, it's the third time I'm writing it :/ )

Last edited by Terezi Pyrope on Mon May 21, 2012 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:47 pm

The Parcel Mistress arrived after dark. Nirana was pleasantly surprised, and very interested to see what GallowsCalibrator had to say. She slipped quietly into her study, where she lit her lamp and sat down. At the desk, she unrolled the parchment, fingering the ribbon and the attached jewel with interest, and began to read by the soft, flickering light that her lamp provided.

She finished the letter and pushed back her chair, leaning back until it tipped precariously. She had not expected any less of GallowsCalibrator. Of course she would want to get the proof validated. There was really nothing to hide in this case - Nirana had been telling the truth about any Derse rebel being able to recognize her pin.

What GallowsCalibrator said about Prospit was interesting. Nirana reread this section carefully. "Turmoil" among the trolls... she assumed that was referring to the blood castes. But GC also used words like "Ready" and "Solved" and "Forgotten"... she seemed very confident about the situation. Maybe she was bluffing, or maybe she knew more than she showed.

Nirana got out her ink and pen, and quickly scrawled out a few sentences.

<<GallowsCalibrator:

Please be my guest. I have nothing to hide.

Nirana.
>>

She laughed a little at the irony. The next day, she posted the letter with the rest of her mail.
Back to top Go down
Admin Dirk Strider
Human
Admin Dirk Strider
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Dirk received Terezi's letter one night as he was coming back from running errands. It was getting dark, and he was about to enter the liquor shop when he felt a hand grab his shoulder, startling him. Turning on his heels, he looked down at a smiling, black carapace handing him a scroll. As soon as he took the scroll, the Parcel Mistress walked away. Dirk looked at the scroll and noticed that Nirana's informant pin was attached to it, which he thought was strange. He pushed the door of the liquor shop and waited until he was in the basement to open the letter. He removed the brooch from the paper and gently slipped the purple ribbon off the scroll. Frowning a little, he read the letter quickly.

He had to take some time to think of a reply. He wasn't sure he understood how Nirana could've glimpsed at his and Terezi's letters... Or why she didn't tell him about this. Of course, Nirana was more of an independent worker and even if she did have his and the rebels' trust, she could act on her own if she wanted to. It's not like she owed him anything. It was still suspicious, though. After all... she had looked at a private exchange of letters, and it bothered him. Besides, it wasn't like PM to let someone look at a letter that wasn't meant for them.

He decided he'd have a talk with Nirana later, ask for an explanation. Maybe he needed to clarify a few things with her. However, she still could be trusted. He scribbled a reply to Terezi's letter quickly.

"gallowsCalibrator,

Thank you for referring to me regarding this matter. I appreciate your trust. I would like to confirm that Nirana is indeed working for the dersite rebels as an informant. Even if I am not certain what I should believe regarding the fact that she intercepted our correspondence, she definitely has my trust. I might have to ask for an explanation, but I will ask you to please let me handle this. She is the best at what she does and I believe she will be able to gain your trust too.

I will once again advise you keep the exchange of information to a minimum, for safety reasons, but this is up to you.

I hope you are doing well,

-timaeusTestified"

He folded his letter neatly and slipped it in an envelope, along with the brooch. He had to wait a few days before he could give his letter to PM, but one morning, as he left the liquor shop, a dark carapace was waiting for him. He handed her the letter and she walked away quietly...
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:21 am

Terezi sent a letter to Vactes as soon as she got the reply she was waiting from Dirk. Though she also picked up the oddities of Nirana looking at the private exchange she had with him, if he trusted her, it was rather hard not to go along. She had no more excuses not to exchange information with the desite troll anymore. It would simply look as stubbornness. She was grateful of TT’s quick response, she knew whatever importance the informant’s pin had, being much time without it could cause trouble to her mysterious ‘’friend’’.

<< N1R4N4,

1 H4V3 JUST R3C13V3D TH3 4UTH3NT1F1C4T1ON 1 W4S W41T1NG FROM MY FR13ND. H3 4PP4R3NTLY P3RSON4LLY KNOWS YOU WH1CH R31NFORC3S TH3 L3DG1T1M1TY OF YOUR WORD. 1 4M SORRY FOR DOUBT1NG YOU 4ND WOULD L1K3 TO 4CC3PT TH1S TOK3N 4S 4N 4PPOLOGY ON MY B3H4LF. 1 HOP3 TH3 4BSC3NC3 OF YOUR P1N D1D NOT C4US3 YOU 4NY TROUBL3. 4S PROM1S3D, 1 S3ND 1T B4CK TO YOU MYS3LF 4ND TO PROV3 OF MY S1NC3R3ST 4POLOG13S 1 W1LL L3T YOU ST4RT TH3 1NT3RROG4TORY . 4SK M3 4NYTH1NG YOU W1SH TO KNOW 4BOUT PROSP1T.

-G4LLOWSC4L1BR4TOR>>

Along with the purple pin, Terezi joined a golden rock which she tied to the ribbon. The crystal was long and sharply cut; its color solid gold. It strangely glowed on its own as it bore some magical properties. This kind of rock was pretty common on Prospit; the planet was littered with magical gold. Every light was made out of that material. Never having set foot on Derse, she didn’t know if it had the same natural resources the golden one was enjoying. It must have been nicknamed the ‘’dark planet’’ for a reason after all.

She met PM at the marketplace the same evening as she was playing beggar and give her the letter by stuffing it in her cup and PM leaning to fake giving her some money to take it and deliver it to Derse.
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 1:53 am

It was raining on Derse for once. Nirana propped up her chin, leaning on her elbows as she stared out the window at the dismal scenery. The rain pattered steadily, and a cool, damp breeze floated into the room. Sighing, she trailed her finger across the fogged up glass, doodling absently. Her eyes passed over a dark shape in the backdrop.

She sat up. Who WAS that? It was coming closer. Closer and closer - and then she could see the figure's face. PM!

Nirana sprang up and raced outside, slamming the door behind her. Panting, she asked if PM wanted to come inside, but PM shook her head and handed her the letter. With a pat on Nirana's head, she was gone.

Soaked and shivering, Nirana went back up to her own room, where she opened and read the rain-sodden letter. She bounced the pin and the small, shiny object in her palm as she did, and only after finishing did she examine them. She really liked the gold rock. It glowed with a kind of inner light as Nirana held it up. She placed it in her cupboard almost reverentially.

Nirana got out pen and paper and thought about what to ask. At length, she began to write.

<<GallowsCalibrator:

Forgive me, what an impersonal way to begin a letter. I wonder if you would share your name with me, now that I am trustworthy - I assure you I don't lie when I tell you my name is Nirana.

I am so sorry for the confusion, but I am glad that is over with! Thank you very much for the gift, I have never seen anything like it before. What is it made of, may I ask?

Well, to business! I want to remind you to feel free to ask me any questions in turn, it is only fair. I will answer whatever I can. I'm interested in your rebel leader on Prospit - what kind of a job is he or she doing? How does the rebel movement work on Prospit, where there is no direct Condensce intervention? And if you're willing to answer, who
are you, really?

That is all for now. Thank you very much.

Nirana.
>>

She posted the letter the very next day, with a small gift for PM's efforts.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:10 am

The letter came fast at the pleasing of the troll. Nirana was a quick responder which meant she could rely on her for constant news on the situation on Derse. She could give some slack to Dirk that way, the troll was most likely a lot less tracked down then the human.

Wow. Well she was also direct to the point. Terezi read the letter a few times before letting it fall on her desk, pressing her charcoal lips against her crossed fingers. Nirana was asking for dangerous information. If the dersite slipped her tongue, they could be in very big trouble. She was already profiled by the Derse security department, doing the same for Karkat would put the would Prospit rebel group in great danger. Then again, maybe Karkat’s letters had been intercepted before and he never mentioned it.

<< N1R4N4,

1 WOULD PR3F3R NOT TO R3V34L YOU MY N4M3 NOT B3C4US3 1 DON’T TRUST BUT B3CUS3 1M 4FR41D OF B31NG 1NT3RC3PT3D. YOU UND3RST4ND 1F TH3Y H4V3 M4 NM4M3 OR MY L34D3RS, W3LL B3 1N B1G TROUBL3S 4ND PROSP1TS V3RY S4F3TY COULD B3 COMPROM1S3D.

1M GL4D YOU L1K3 TH3 ROCK!!! TO B3 HON3ST, H3R3 1TS PR3TTY COMMON BUT 1 THOUGHT 1T COULD H4V3 SOM3 V4LU3 ON YOUR PL4N3T. S33 1T 4LW4YS GLOWS B3C4US3 OUR PL4N3T H4S THIS 1NT3RN4L GLOW TH4T L1GTHS OUR D4YS. 1 TH1NK YOUR PL4N3T WORKS L1K3 TH4T TOO. BUT SOM3 ROCKS H3R3 K33P GLOW1NG 3V3N 4T N1GHT. W3 US3 TH3M FOR M4K1NG L4MPS 4ND OTH3R TH1NGS L1K3 TH4T.

4S FOR MY L34D3R, H3 DO3S 4N OK4Y JOB. H3 C4N G4TH3R P3OPL3 MOR3 34S1LY TH3N 1 DO BUT H3 L4CKS 4 B1T 1N TH3 PL4NN1NG 4SP3CT. H3LL L34RN W1TH T1M3 THOUGH. 1 W4SNT 4NY B3TT3R WH3N 1 ST4RT3D. TH3 PROSP1T R3B3LL1ON WORKS L1K3 TH3 PROSP1T14N 4RMY SO 1 DONT M1ND SH4R1NG W1TH YOU. W3R3 JUST PR3P4R1NG FOR TH3 3V4NTU4L 4TT4CK. 1T 1S 4LSO 4 GOOD W4Y TO KNOW WHO ST1LL 4GR33S FOR 3QU4L1TY B3TW33N TH3 R4C3S.

4S FOR WHO 1 4M. 1M S1MPLY 4N OLD 4CT1V1ST WHO FOUGHT FOR 3V3RYON3S R1GTHS 4ND JUST D3C1D3D TO H3LP TH3 ON3S WHO WOK3 UP 4FT3R TH3 COND3SC3NC3. YOU COULD S4Y 1 OCCUPY TH3 ROL3 OF S3COND 1N COMM4ND.

NOW FOR MY ROUND OF QU3ST1ONS. WH4T 1S TH3 3X4CT S1TU4T1ON ON D3RS3? 4S 4NY R3B3L B33N 4RR3ST3D OR WORS3, 3X3CUT3D? HOW D1D YOU B3COM3 TH3 R3B3LS 1NFORM4NT? 1 H4V3 4 F33L1NG YOU 4R3 4 TROLL? 4M 1 R1GTH? DO YOU M1ND SH4R1NG YOUR BLOOD COLOR?

WOW TH1S L3TT3R H4S GOTT3N OUT OF H4ND.

SM3LL YOU SOON,
-G4LLOWSC4L1BR4TOR >>

Terezi sealed the letter and sighed. Sure, she lied a little again since she didn’t simply decide to help the rebellion but had founded it but Nirana didn’t need to know that yet. The Scale troll had let slipped an important hint though: she hadn’t noticed she wrote ‘’smell’’ instead of ‘’see’’. The nest day, the letter was sent.
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Nirana had taken the day off and spent it on making small figurines and sculptures for fun. For this reason, she was caught off guard when there came a knock on the door, and almost dropped her small-scale model of the Derse towers in surprise. Letting fly some colourful curses and setting her work on a shelf before something really happened, Nirana hurried to the door and pulled it open, mildly annoyed. Her annoyance vanished, however, when she saw that it was PM. She recognized the way GallowsCalibrator's letter had been prepared, and her excitement and curiosity mounted. After she paid PM, she retired to her room to peruse the letter at her leisure.

Nirana shrugged. She hadn't expected GC to tell her his or her real name. The explanation of the rock intrigued her; she decided to re-examine the rock later that day. The rest of the letter was much more interesting. There was something here: "I wasn't any better when I started." Did that refer to when GC had joined, or had GC actually been the leader at some point? "An old activist"... "second in command"... Nirana had caught a bigger fish than she ever intended. The situation in Prospit seemed pretty stable, in any case. She scanned GC's questions and then moved on to the end of the letter.

"Smell you soon." What was that? Nirana reread the line. "Smell you soon."
Well, that was unusual. She would have to think about it later, but as of now, Nirana had no idea what GC meant.

<< GallowsCalibrator:

I understand your reluctance. Names are powerful things, and I would hate to get anyone in trouble.

As for your questions, I think I can answer most of them.
None of the rebels have yet been arrested or executed, but I know for a fact that some are under close surveillance, and others may be being followed. But none arrested outright. The situation on Derse? Well, it's pretty bleak. Agents and aggressive highbloods are everywhere, and for most people it is not safe to walk the streets alone. Many arrests are made, and some executions occasionally. Everyone lives in some kind of fear, and no one really feels safe.

You are correct, I am indeed a troll. I became the informant because, well, it's my living. Both for financial support, and for the thrill, really. I started out delivering shorter messages when the senders had reasons for not using PM, and I expanded from there.

I can be considered in one of the higher castes of the hemospectrum. I don't want to disclose my blood colour directly; I think I can tell you, though, that I am fairly well off, even if it is mostly my own earnings I live off.

Around how much of the public supports the Condensce in Prospit? How many are on your side? And this one is a bit more personal, but I'd like to know; why do you fight the Condensce? What do you, GC, fight for?

I've attached a little gift for you, I hope you like it!

Nirana.
>>

With the letter, Nirana slipped a fruity scented little bag that she hoped GC would enjoy. She didn't know how else to interpret GC's mysterious comment. She'd decided not to tell GC that she was a high class seadweller. Doing so would probably lose GC's trust, which she had worked to earn. She sent the letter with the morning post.
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:57 am

It had been a while since terezi had corresponded with anyone. It had been a long while. In fact, she nearly forgot about it. Dirk didn't send any new letters since the last time she enquired his help. The troll was cleaning her desk when she found an old letter she meant to reply to. Upon turning the nice paper around and feeling the seal on its opening, she remembered from who it was and how she had gotten it.

It was the night before the Prospit rebels had a big meeting. Just as Terezi was opening the silt of her window to go out without worrying her Father, the Parcel Mistress was climbing the wall. They bumped against each other. PM quickly gave her the letter and took the few tokens Terezi offered her, figuring the troll had some buisness to attend. She picked the fruity scent as the paper brushed against her face as she dropped the scroll on her desk before leaving.

So much had happened since. Terezi hadn't stopped running everywhere in the city between helping Karkat out, fighting out crazy clowns and dealing with her re-found kismesis. Most of the times, she would simply directly walk and drop on her bed, not even always taking the time to undress; and that was when she slept at all.

Today was her ''weekend'', the one day she decided everyone could go fuck themselves to the Batterwitch. Her room was a mess, her hair were too and all her clothes were worn and dirty. She stood in the middle of her with faded pale yellow short and t-shirt as she opened the abandoned letter. The little bag dropped of it and as she picked it up, she understood where that sweet smell was from. It still held much of its scent but some had rubbed off on the manuscript, leaving it with a delightful fragrance. Terezi threw the bag in an glass bowl filled with dried up plants and flowers.

- What a nice gift! At least my room won't smell like something had died in it anymore.

Though, yes, the fact the fruits had impregnated the paper was cool, it made it hard to read with her handicap. The ink was also old which made everything ever harder. Terezi sat on her bed and took out ink and papers. She wrote every words and sentences she could make out of until the letter made some sense. Maybe she did replace a few words here and there but it was almost the same. The Scale laughed to herself, could Nirana be more perfectly timed with her questions? Only she mistook the hints about Nirana's blood caste, she read was in the lowest third. Terezi settle more comfortably in her pillows and started to write.

<< D34R N1R4N4,

1 4M T3RR1BLY SORRY 4BOUT TH3 D3L4Y B3TW33N YOUR L3TT3R 4ND MY R3PLY. 1 HOP3 YOU D1D NOT WORRY 4BOUT MY W3LL B31NG... 1 4M F1N3 B3FOR3 YOU 4SK. S1MPLY W3V3 ST4RT3D MOV1NG. NOT MUCH THOUGH BUT TH3N 4G41N TH3R3 W4S NOT MUCH DON3...

FOR TH3 SUPPORT YOU W3R3 4SK1NG 4BOUT, 1D D4R3 TO S4Y W3 4R3 W3LL SUPPORT3D. W3 DONT H4V3 MUCH M3MB3RS BUT TH3Y 4R3 V3RY D1V3S1F13D. 1T WOULD M4K3 1T V3RY H4RD TO DR4W 4 PR3C1S3 PROF1L3 FOR R3B3LS 1F TH3 COND3SC3 3V3R T4K3S OV3R. NOW 1F TH3Y 4R3 4CTIVES 1S SOM3TH1NG 1 C4NNOT CON1RM TO YOU Y3T. S4DDLY 4 F3W TROLLS 4G41NST US H4V3 4LR34DY ST4RT3D TO PUT TH31R PL4N TO WORK 4LSO...WH4T 4BOUT TH3 ON3 ON D3RS3? H4V3 YOU G41N3D OR LOST 4NY SUPPORT? >>

Terezi stopped at the second question Vactes had asked her. She pondered for a while, staring blindly at the ceiling. It never crossed her mind to think about the reasons she was fighting for. There was equality of course but she sort of started doing naturally. Terezi was a lucky troll; she was from a noble enough blood caste, and had loving carapace for a care taker. She could not count so many lucky trolls on a single hand. The troll sketched a few doodles on scrap papers as she made an answer in head. The doodle ended up being a bunch of trolls and carapaces holding hands and smiling.

<<4S FOR MY MOT1V3S TO F1GHT. MY MOST HON3ST 4NSWER WOULD B3 TH4T 1 LONG TO S33 4 WORLD WH3R3 TROLLS 4 C4R4P4C3S C4N L1V3 TOG3THER 3QU4LLY 4ND P34C3FULLY. 1M 4W4R3 1T SOUND CH33SY BUT 1TS TH3 TRUTH. 1 C4NNOT BR1NG MYS3LF TO L34V3 PR3C1OUS FR13NDS B3H1ND S1MPLY TH3Y W3R3 NOT LUCKY 3NOUGH TO B3 BORN 4 R3SP3CT4BL3 BLOOD COLOR; L1K3 1 WOULD NOT W4NT YOU TO B3 K1LL3D B3C7US3 OF YOUR BLOOD.>>

Terezi stopped her letter again. She had not thought of smart questions to ask to Vactes. She had been so busy with preparing the troops on Prospit, she didn't know anything past the high district anymore. That was ag rave mistake she needed to fix as soona s possible.

<< DO YOU H4V3 4NY K1ND OF 1NFORM4T1ON ON TH3 QU33NS WH3R34BOUTS? 1F YOU COULD W4RN M3 OF 4NY PL4NN3D 4TT4CKS ON PROSP1T, W3 WOULD 4LL OWN YOU MUCH. W3 H4V3 NOT R3C13V3D 4NY N3WS 1N FOR3V3R!! BY TH3 W4Y, B3C4US3 OF YOU, W3V3 ALSO ST4RT3D OUR OWN 1NT3RN4L M41L1NG SYST3M.

T4K3 C4R3. 1 W1LL TRY TO B3 F4ST3R.
- G4LLOWSC4L1BR4TOR >>

Terezi folded the paper and sealed it with her usual teal ribbon. She planned to meet with PM before she would leave for Derse. As she was about to head out, the Scale realised she had forgotten to be polite with her penpal. She grabbed a pencil and quickly wrote <> on the top of the scroll. She then hurried to PM's usual picking spots. The fair carapace was surprised to see her, thinking the troll had given up on communicating with Derse but still gladly accepted her letter before leaving for the dark planeté
Back to top Go down
Nirana Vactes
Troll
Nirana Vactes
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:52 pm

The first few weeks of waiting had been irksome. Nirana had no problem with waiting. She was good at it. But uncertainty, she didn't like at all. Had something happened to GC? Or had she simply forgotten? Finding another correspondant would take time and effort, and it would be practically impossible to find another as well-placed within the Prospitan rebels as GC. His or her silence nagged at the back of Nirana's mind, even when she was busy with other things.

Finally, she'd decided to just let it go. She'd gotten most of the information she'd wanted anyway. It was a shame, but she'd just move on. And she had, until one morning she opened the front door to find PM waiting for her. And despite what she'd told herself, it took all of her self control not to rip the letter open right in front of PM.

The answer to her first question didn't surprise her much. She could hardly expect Prospit to advance further in their plans than Derse. She took note of GC's question to her, and then read on.

The answer to her second question earned GC a raised eyebrow. GC was right. It was cheesy. But Nirana thought she could understand where he or she was coming from. GC wanted equality. Wanted a storybook ending. And wanted to make life better for his or her own friends, protect them. Nirana really was lucky to have no binding ties - and she tried to keep it that way for this reason in particular. She gave a disbelieving laugh when she read the comment about her blood colour. If seadwellers couldn't take care of themselves, who could?

Nirana peered interestedly at GC's questions. She knew who was most likely to have the answer, and was also most likely to give it to her. Point Ardenwell. Where was she? Was she at the HQ yet? Nirana had forgotten how much time had passed since their meeting, she had been so busy. She supposed she would have to check in with her before she could answer that. Of course, she could very easily leave it at "I don't know". Was it in her best interest to give such information to the Prospitans? Hmmmm.

<< Dear GallowsCalibrator:

I am glad you are well - I was beginning to worry. Likewise, there is no need to worry about me - I have the means to take care of myself.

The Derse rebel system has gained support after recent events. It makes sense, because the effects of the Condensce are so much more easily felt here. The people want change.

Your second question is a very serious one. You ask for quite a bit. Have you consulted Dirk? I myself am not entirely sure of the Queen's movements, and it is very dangerous to ask outright. However, I think I may have a reliable source - I will look into it, but it will most definitely take time.

I apologize for the short letter. There is no need to reply to this one just yet - I have no question for you today! I will send another letter once I have an answer.

Yours,
Nirana. >>

Should she ask Point or not? I am going to have to think about this very seriously, she thought as she absentmindedly slipped her piece of paper into an envelope and sealed it. As she turned to leave her room, she felt the crunch of parchment beneath her foot.

It was only GC's scroll. She hadn't paused to examine it properly as she had rushed to open it, but now that she was no longer in a hurry, she could she quite clearly the <> symbol GC had apparently scrawled over the back.

She'd... go ask Point, then. It made sense. She was plenty curious herself, anyway.
Nirana had no binding ties.

(OOC: Hey Tz, this might take a while! I'm not sure where we are in the Derse timeline, especially if the raid has happened yet. Nirana would definitely tell GC about the raid. Also, I'm not sure if Point has actually arrived at HQ, because Dirk hasn't met her. If you're keeping track of timeline, it would be AWESOME if you could pm me about it
Either way, we can wait for Point and Dirk! Unless GC has more questions :D)
Back to top Go down
Terezi Pyrope
Troll
Terezi Pyrope
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:42 am

Terezi finally got home completely exhausted. Her encounter with an aggressive troll had not been easy. She slipped on the letter as she closed the door behind her. It took the Scale a while to realize what made her nearly fall. Taking the letter in her hands, she softly sniffed its paper to identify its sender. Nirana had been much quicker then her and Terezi felt bad for making her wait so long. This time she would not make the dersite wait. The troll would fight fatigue and write back tonigth.

As she read the letter, Terezi noticed there wasn't much to feed on but at least Nirana had no more questions for her. A spy would have been more pushy; it put some confidence in the penpal.

<< Nirana,

thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. To reply about my exchanges with Dirk, they have ceased for the moment, he thought it was getting to dangerous to send letters and I respect his choice.

If you have any information on the Condescension or questions about Prospit, feel free to contact me anytime. I will do the same regarding you

- Terezi Pyrope >>

Terezi fell asleep right after she sealed the letter. She was so tired she didn't even notice she completely forgotten her ''coded'' writing and nickname. The next day, the letter was sent without a second glance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: GallowsCalibrator:   GallowsCalibrator: Empty

Back to top Go down

GallowsCalibrator:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Skaian Wars ::  Communications :: Correspondence-