Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 Layer1vl
Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 Layer2h
Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 Layer3
Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 Layer4l
Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 Layer5

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bittersweet Memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roxy Lalonde
Human
Roxy Lalonde
Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bittersweet Memories   Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 pm

After hearing what Jane had to say about her friends, Roxy couldn’t help but smile. “They sound awesome!” she commented, and then added with perhaps a bit of envy in her voice: “You’re really lucky.” Friends her age was what she craved the most right now, and Jane’s happiness, even though the maiden herself didn’t have that many friends, almost made her regret asking that question.

As envious as she was, Roxy never stopped smiling. The fact she was alone didn’t meant others had to be. And she was happy for Jane. However, her fake smiled turned into a genuine one when Jane started talking about her interests. Her eyes lit up with curiosity as she was told about mysterious hobbies. Plays? She heard of them before: people pretending to be other people, dressing up and playing for spectators. It was kind of weird and too surrealist for Roxy to imagine but she knew everyone was all about them! The detective thing made her smile even more: she could definitely see Jane go around Prospit and solve mysteries. She kept that thought to herself.

Baking goods? She had no idea people could cook and bake for fun! For her, meals were mostly eating because you are hungry. The aesthetics of food were a mystery. But Jane seemed so eager about that hobby that Roxy could only feel the same.

“Oooh!” she exclaimed, clapping her hands with enthusiasm. “I’m sure you’re a good at baking things! I wish I could eat something you made yourself! We almost never get to eat cake because they are so expensive...”

Roxy waited patiently for Jane to speak again, wondering what her unspoken question was. She listened to her, being very solemn about it. She was truly happy that Jane decided to trust her and she didn’t want her friend to think she was taking her confidences lightly. In fact, if something could take away Roxy’s smile and make her serious, it was what Jane was saying right now. There was something tragic about that confidence. And fear. Well hidden, almost as if it was shameful to feel it. But she could still feel it, it was the fear of not knowing who you are supposed to be. These uncertainties were the worst thing and Roxy knew that because she felt them all the time.

The mix of emotions she was feeling was a little painful: compassion, sadness and guilt. She felt bad for forcing Jane to speak about that. But most importantly, she felt the urge to comfort her, to tell her it was ok, to make her feel better in some way. She leaned forward and grabbed Jane’s hands.

“It will be fine, Janey.” She said with a comforting smile, her bright pink eyes staring straight at Jane’s blue eyes. “Everything happens for a reason. So what if you can’t fight or do magic? That doesn’t change a damn thing about you! Never compare to others! I’m sure you’ll find out what you have to do, and you will blow their mind!”

After a moment of being silent, she winked at her friend and added: “Also, never say you’re not special! There is no other maiden-detective-baker in all of Skaia! Trust me, I’ve been there!” What she really wanted to say was that Jane was special for her, that she was her very first friend... But she was almost ashamed of sharing that personal fact.
Back to top Go down
Jane Crocker
Human
Jane Crocker
PostSubject: Re: Bittersweet Memories   Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:22 am

Jane was never the type of girl who took to flattery. Nor was she able to read emotions on others. But at that moment, she felt as though Roxy was one of the loneliest people in the world. Slowly Jane stood and moved to sit beside the blond on her bed. Her hands lightly clasped the others and she gave her what she hoped was a comforting smile.

I’m sure the others would love a new friend! John loves playing pranks, and I’m sure you two would get into plenty of mischief if left to your own devices!” Her voice started to become shaky for some reason. “Jade is such a wonderful girl, she can read the clouds and make potions and shes always smiling and optimistic!” Tears began to fall onto the clenched hands.

”And Jake!! Jake would love a new friend! He’d ask you to scrap with him if you know how to fight a little and he’s really cool and I just… My friends would be your friends, if that would help you not look so lonely!”

She wasn't entirely sure what it was that made her start crying quietly that evening. She assumed it was pity, looking back on it years from now, but it wasn't. She loved her friends dearly, and seeing even one of them sad would make her strive to bring back a small glimmer of joy.

“They can be your friends too Roxy. You wouldn't have to feel like that anymore. Even if you go away, we'll still be your friends.”
Back to top Go down
http://austerearia.tumblr.com
Roxy Lalonde
Human
Roxy Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Bittersweet Memories   Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 12:51 am

In a second, Jane was sitting next to her. Roxy didn’t question it, it only felt natural. The maiden’s hands on hers felt warm and comforting, as did her smile. In that moment, Roxy wondered why that smile was on her friend’s face because just a second ago, it was her who was trying to comfort Jane.

Roxy listened to Jane talk about her friends. She gazed at Jane with intensity, her eyes never moving away. She was truly fascinated. Through Jane’s words, she had the impression of knowing each of them personally, and she could picture herself play with them: running around the castle with John, fooling around with Jade’s potions and fighting with Jake. She watched in utter incredulity tears fall from Jane’s eyes. The rogue’s sight started to blur slowly but she still stared at her friend without blinking.

“I’m not lonely, I...”

She finally blinked, feeling the sting of tears in her eyes. Her pride was strong and she tried to stay calm, repressing the tears. She kept staring at her friend, trying to focus and to push away the emotions that were flooding her. By the end of Jane’s last sentence, she was slightly shaking.

“Look Janey, I’m not sad. Not at all.”

That’s when she felt the lonely tear on her cheek, slowly making its way to her neck; the one tear that was too strong for her to hold back. She stared at their hands and real tears started streaming down her face.

The moment was so intense Roxy couldn’t even figure out why she was crying. The only thing that mattered was the girl next to her and the things that she said. That if she went away, they would still be friends. That Jane considered her friend, in the first place.

Without thinking, Roxy threw her arms around Jane in an embrace. She rested her head on her shoulder and started sobbing quietly.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered through her tears. And she was. She was ashamed of crying like that on her new friend’s shoulder. But at the same time, she was so relieved she could. She added in a strangled voice: “Thank you so much.”
Back to top Go down
Jane Crocker
Human
Jane Crocker
PostSubject: Re: Bittersweet Memories   Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:55 pm

The quiet sobs of her newfound friend made her feel a little remorse. Maybe she shouldn't have brought it up. But with the way Roxy was crying on her shoulder, she knew that this was what she needed. Her arms wrapped themselves around her; one of her hands petting her hair in what she honestly hoped was a soothing gesture. The mumbled words she heard through the crying made her own tears continue.

“Cry all you want.” Her voice was soft as her hands continued to try and comfort her. She didn't care if she was soaked with the tears, if it meant that her friend would smile brighter later. It seemed like it was hours later that they finally pulled apart. Jane gave Roxy a watery laugh and pulled out her handkerchief to dab at her friends face.

“You’re a mess Roxy.” She wiped away the tears that still clung to her cheeks and tried to not resume crying again. “But I meant it. We’ll always be friends, as long as we want the other as one!”
Back to top Go down
Roxy Lalonde
Human
Roxy Lalonde
PostSubject: Re: Bittersweet Memories   Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 11:03 pm

Feeling Jane’s arms around her, Roxy gave in completely to the intensity of the moment. The emotions she was feeling were shaking her because she didn’t knew she felt that way. Of course, she always felt a little lonely but she had no idea her sadness was so deep. It was like talking to Jane opened a gate she could not shut back as for now.

The assurance Jane would not push her away and the fact she would wait until she was done crying made her feel a little better. She was still sobbing but at least, she was sure Jane would still be here, that she wouldn’t be afraid of how ugly her sadness was. It was the first time someone other than her dad held her like that and pet her hair to make her feel better. At that moment, Roxy was certain no one else would ever do it again. She felt deep inside of her that if someone in this universe was made to be her friend, it was Jane and her only, and that she could not feel closer to anyone else. That night, the emotional connexion between the two girls, was so intense no one could have described it.

After a while, the sobs quieted down. When the two girls pulled apart, it felt like an eternity. Roxy could see that Jane’s face was a little red from all that crying and she could only imagine what her own face looked like. She stood still when the priestess dried her tears. When she told her she was a mess, Roxy genuinely giggled.

“You don’t look so great either!” Her hand flew to Jane’s and she held them once again. Looking at her straight in the eyes, Roxy replied: “As long as I live, I’ll be your friend too, Janey. I don’t know what brought my dad and I here, but I will eternally thank the rain that fell on Prospit today. Without it, I would have never met you.”

She was quiet for a moment, then an idea popped into her mind and she said: “One day, I’ll take you to Skaia with me. You’ll see all its wonders by your own eyes!” The idea of travelling with her friend made Roxy really happy.
Back to top Go down
Jane Crocker
Human
Jane Crocker
PostSubject: Re: Bittersweet Memories   Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:16 pm

Jane let out another watery laugh as she felt her hands clasped by her friend.

"I'm pretty sure that's my line." She rubbed at her eyes with the back of her hand, using her sleeve, before Roxy spoke again.

"Really?!" She couldn't keep the excitement from her voice. Sure she was allowed out the building, but never to Skaia. She always wanted to visit down there, see the marvels that the moon didn't have. The growing life on the surface, the so-called pristine waters. Maybe there, she could be useful! She wouldn't mind devoting her life to helping others and being a healer. Not in the slightest.

"I'd love that Roxy. I really would." She smiled. The idea really was a good one, and she would love to go and explore with her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content
PostSubject: Re: Bittersweet Memories   Bittersweet Memories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bittersweet Memories

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Skaian Wars :: Flash-Backs-